• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A fine pair of Belgian Pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was finally lucky again.

J.B. Ronge Fils from Liege/Belgium.

Proven from 1832 - 1929 as a weapons manufacturer.

I`ll just let the pictures do the talking.
Later more.
IMG_3007[1].JPG

IMG_3009[1].JPG

IMG_E3014[1].JPG

IMG_3010[2].JPG

IMG_3012[1].JPG

IMG_3011[1].JPG

IMG_3024[2].JPG

IMG_3017[1].JPG

IMG_3025[1].JPG

Simply amazing!!! I don’t know if I could carry that powder flask though…….😱

Beautiful !
What is the flat head screw for in the bottom of the barrel channel near the breach ?

This is a great pair of cased pistols. I never before have seen such a complete set of accessoires in a case. Appearently all original.

The powder flask made by Boche a Paris and with the mythic figure of Hercules ( charcterised by the skin of the Nemeian Lion ) is not often to find.

Congratulations.

In the net I found the hint, that the barrel might have been made of so called turkish damascus steel. "Turkish Damascus Steel refers to a specific structure of a special Damascus steel or its pattern and not the country of origin. Basically, Turkish Damascus Steel consists of at least 3-5 (depending on the definition) counter-twisted Damascus strands (courses). " (Türkischer Damast / Turkish damascus steel)

Demo-rod.jpg

(From Demo Damascus)

Amazing set of pistols, What type of steel are the barrels made of?
Damascus ?

Yes
IMG_3063[1].JPG
IMG_3066[1].JPG

Awesome, simply awesome. A beautiful set.
Thank you
In the net I found the hint, that the barrel might have been made of so called turkish damascus steel. "Turkish Damascus Steel refers to a specific structure of a special Damascus steel or its pattern and not the country of origin. Basically, Turkish Damascus Steel consists of at least 3-5 (depending on the definition) counter-twisted Damascus strands (courses). " (Türkischer Damast / Turkish damascus steel)

View attachment 269952

(From Demo Damascus)

Thank you. That should be the correct answer,
Here are a few more pictures where you can clearly see the winding.

This is a great pair of cased pistols. I never before have seen such a complete set of accessoires in a case. Appearently all original.

The powder flask made by Boche a Paris and with the mythic figure of Hercules ( charcterised by the skin of the Nemeian Lion ) is not often to find.

Congratulations.
Thanks for deciphering the figures.
The meaning wasn`t clear to me.
IMG_3010[1].JPG

It is amazing how the barrel gunsmiths in Belgium were able to make such an artwork in primitive shops only by hand. It seems they were rather poor.

Last edited:
Back