• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A cure for cap sucking Colt C&Bs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rodwha is correct. That being said, I did reangle the face of the hammers on my Remmys so that I got a completely flat impact surface against the nipples and then polished the hammer face. That did help with the with the few jams I got. Also the advise about not cocking the hammer to slowly is good.

Well, it fires good most of the time. I generally use light loads since I've heard the brass frae can stretch over time. @ 15 gr. But with heavier loads I get occasional malfunctions. So I'm going to have to keep honing. Even though I'm shooting light loads most of the time, I still want it to work with 25-30 gr. loads.

Well, it took a while as I went slow on the metal removal. But I just got back from the range and it performed well at 25 and 30 gr. loads. It still splits the caps, but the main thing is the caps are not being drawn off the nipples by the hammer so that they fall into the action. I can see the notch clearly imprinted in spent caps, but the imprint is rounded and shows as a slight bulge with a dimple on each side.

Now I just need to get some friends hooked on this. Misery loves company, right? :slap:

I actually like spending a half day at the range and spending less than I used to in 15 mins with a semi-auto pistol. Also love the challenge of learning to shoot BP, learning what our ancestors had to do to survive. And learning to shoot something that requires different body structure and skills. And I even enjoy the light gunsmithing to get it to work right. But I still have to clean it ... what the heck, I even like doing that just a little bit. :grin:

Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back