• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

8/32 to 10/32 adapter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8/32 male to 10/32 female
I'm in western pa...any big box stores carry something like this before I order

I made my own when I was still working. Not hard if you have a lathe, I was a lathe operator. 1/4" or 5/16" brass rod 1" long. Drill a hole for the 8/32, I forget the drill number, all the way through. Dril the hole for the 10/32 halfway through. Use the proper tap for each side, use lots of fluid when tapping although brass is more forgiving than steel. You can decide which side you want to be male and female and use the proper size screw on the male side. I like to use thread locker on the screw. Cut off the screw head and file the burr off the end. Vòila! Done...... I've even used my old wood lathe to make one.

Last edited:
I made my own when I was still working. Not hard if you have a lathe which is what I did. 1/4" brass rod 1" long. Drill a hole for the 8/32, I forget the drill number, all the way through. Dril the hole for the 10/32 halfway through. Use the proper tap for each side, use lots of fluid when tapping although brass is more forgiving than steel. You can decide which side you want to be male and female and use the proper size screw on the male side. Cut off the screw head. Vòila! Done.
Actually, a lathe isn't necessary to make them yourself a drill press and taps will get the job done.

Last edited:
Having a lathe I make mine using a piece of 3/8 brass round stock and drilling one end 10/32, and the other end 8/32, And putting a 1/2 inch long set screw into each end sticking out about 1/2 the length. This way I can remove which ever screw I want to make the adapter the way I want for the occasion.

Back