• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.62 Double Barrel Flintlock Pistol from MVTC.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt LaManna

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I bought one of these used from another member that had an ad on the classified board. It was cheap compared to a new one, and needed a few repairs. It was purchased from Middlesex Village
Trading Co. back east. I contacted Pete and his wife for repair instructions and sent it back.
I did explain that I bought it second-hand and was not expecting for them to repair it at no charge.
I just got it back, all the metal was refinished, the locks repaired and the thing working as well as the day it was shipped from India to be sold here in the USA.
Pete was kind enough to repair and return ship it for no charge. He really didn't need to do this, but in a world, lacking in customer service, this is an example of how, one should run a service business.
Thanks!
More to follow once I get back to the range to fire it! :thumbsup:

thats the way things used to be done, sadly most americans are more interested in money than the right stuff any more

I dont know what I did to make them think I deserved no service and I payed full price.
They still have not changed their add for the Cookson saying it is .69 cal and have not returned my phone calls. You are very lucky
to get you second hand gun fixed.lucky indeed.
Deutsch

AZ Longrifle said:
I bought one of these used from another member that had an ad on the classified board. It was cheap compared to a new one, and needed a few repairs. It was purchased from Middlesex Village
Trading Co. back east. I contacted Pete and his wife for repair instructions and sent it back.
I did explain that I bought it second-hand and was not expecting for them to repair it at no charge.
I just got it back, all the metal was refinished, the locks repaired and the thing working as well as the day it was shipped from India to be sold here in the USA.
Pete was kind enough to repair and return ship it for no charge. He really didn't need to do this, but in a world, lacking in customer service, this is an example of how, one should run a service business.
Thanks!
More to follow once I get back to the range to fire it! :thumbsup:

What was wrong with it?

It had a broken hammer screw and broken half cock notch.
The previous owner cracked the screw.
As for the others with problems, I'm very sorry to hear that.
I'd just write an email and be patient. From what I gathered,
Pete was really busy with new orders and repairs. He has a
"day job" as well.

I'm guessing the previous owner just fired it a few times, cleaned it, and that the problems may have come from the owner before him. Or maybe before him, even; who knows? It comes to me in a vision that he got that gun in a trade. :wink:

Sure is a good story when a deal winds up good. Glad to read it. Let us all know how it does at the range.
:thumbsup:

I finally got out a time with my son, who's 8, to shoot some rounds thru it. It works great. It fired every time and the recoil was nil using 35 grns. of 3F powder with a .600 RB with patch.
I found it a bit hard to load using the heavier patch and have some .595 ball to try next time.
We did a test fire on a Barrel Cactus, yes, it's on my property, and no,it's not a State Cactus, which is the Saguaro, it went right on through it.
I found the factory set-up back-wards from what I'm used to with a Shotgun, so I reversed the triggers to left trigger forward and right trigger rear, and found it handles much better.
I took one shot at about 30 yrds. at a wayward Cotton Tail, but hit too low. "Lucky" is that rabbits name! No sights don't help at all. I think I'll have my 'Smith, install a brass bead front sight on it.
Next project is to strip the dark walnut dye from the stocks and re-dye them a better colour, followed with many coats of Tung Oil.
I did have my boy shoot a short video of the firing and will post it from a youtube account, once I get time to do so.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with an inexpensive pistol that works well and it's just fun to shoot it. My son has quite a while until his hand is big enough to hold that big stock.

Interesting video but why is the screen so narrow? It's like watching through a gap in a board fence. :haha:

I don't know why it does that on the camera phone?
I think I have to use a iPhone video converter to get it full size.
Just close one eye and watch it, like a Pirate of Olde would have seen it!
:thumbsup:

Back