• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.54 New Englander

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerem0621

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a .54 barrel for my New Englander that is fairly pitted on the inside of the barrel. the outside looks great. Is there any way to have this barrel made into a smooth bore? I would like to remove the rifling, is there any way I could do this my self? I know I can just buy a 12 ga shotgun barrel but that is $160.00 and I already have this .54 barrel.

Thank you,

Jerem

Yes you can find a gun smith that will ream out the barrel the polish it for you. You can do it yourself if you have the tool, or machine shop at your disposile.

Back