• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC New Englander Barrel Rebore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I bought a TC New Englander in .50 cal from a member here. So the .50 cal barrel that came with rifle, is pitted inside. The outside was spray painted to hide rust/pitting. Thinking of getting Mr Hoyt to rebore to .54 cal, the barrel is pretty stout. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20220820_084415.jpg
    IMG_20220820_084415.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
Mr. Hoyt is the "go to" guy for re-boring a barrel. Your New Englander can be re-boreed to a larger caliber with just about any rifling you desire, or you could have make a smooth bore out of the barrel or re-line it to .50 or smaller. Your options are pretty much unlimited.

Can’t go wrong with a Hoyt rebore, but I’d shoot it first. Use some scotch brite and maybe some lapping compound. You may be surprised at how good it shoots.

Well I contacted Mr. Hoyt. I explained my intentions. He suggested rebore barrel to .54 cal with a 1:32 twist. That way I can shoot a plains bullet or no excuses bullets. Sending barrel off today.

Back