• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

'51 Navy Nipples?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebel

Cannon
Reaction score
I just took delivery of an ASM 1851 Navy that is in .44 cal. I know, not the right cal for a Navy, what can i say. Question is i got a spare set of nipples with it that are 6mm x.75 and they are too big. What other size revolver nipples would fit it? I thought they all took the 6mmx.75's except the little pocket pistols.

The Dixie Catalog lists a number of 6mm nipples, and they say the 6mm X .75 will fit most of the Italian reproductions.
They also have a 5.5mm X .9 that they say fits the Uberti 1851 and 1861 Navy, 1860 Army, 1962 Police 1849 Pocket, Baby Dragoon and Remington .36 and .44 (NP2040).

It might fit your gun as well.
If you have a Micrometer or Dial Vernier Caliper you might measure the size of the nipples that fit.
A 6mm thread will measure .232-.236 diameter while the 5.5mm thread will measure .212-.216 diameter.

zonie :)

Thanks Zonie, i will try the caliper on the ones i have and see what size they are. I know the threaded shaft is smaller in diameter than the 6mm x.75's so it must be the 5.5.

Latest posts

Back