• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.50 Lee Bullet Mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainman_270

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Awhile ago I wrote about problems with my Lee Modern Minnie Mold. The mold was throwing larger than caliber bullets. I also complained about what was to me a lack of support from Lee. I just want to say that with the help of one of the engineers at Lee I have fixed the problem. The gentleman went through the preparation sequence and we discovered that the mold lube I used threw the mold open enough to increase the diameter slightly. This problem compounded the issue of my barrel being slightly under sized. So with the help of the folks at Lee my rifle now has fine and accurate bullets to shoot and my faith in Lee is re-established.

What mold lube you were using that caused a problem, and what lube helped or was recommended to fix it?
In the past I've used white lithium grease spray sparingly.

I was using PAM for frying pans. Normally it would have been alright but having a bore that is slightly tight it would cause the bullet to be .002" larger than caliber; that was enough for a problem loading. The lube I use now is the plain RCBS casing lube I use reloading my centerfire casings. Works like a very well. :thumbsup:

mountainman_270 i just use candle smoke to lube them on all my lee moulds and have never had a problem in 20years.they are still going strong.
bernie

windwalker_au said:
mountainman_270 i just use candle smoke to lube them on all my lee moulds and have never had a problem in 20years.they are still going strong.
bernie

I am going to have to agree with this one. I picked that idea up on here and I don't think I will do it any other way.

I am going to try the candle smoke on my next mold. I am waiting for a .575 Lyman Parker-Hale 566 grn minnie. I can hardly wait to shoot the bullets.

Back