• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Lee bullet mold question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He who dies with the most molds.......wins. :thumb:
Then I will lose. The Lee RB mold I bought in 1994 is still working great. The other round ball mold is for the 1860 Army, have not had a need to use it yet.
The rest of the molds I have are for 45/70. 6 gang Ranch Dogs molds by Lee did not come with handles. I use one set of handles for all the 6 gang molds.
My fav two molds are the 1998 Ideal FBI mold that Elmer Keith made famous for the 357 mag.
and the Paper Patch mold that makes 360-540gr postel, hollow base, smooth sided pills.

Attachments

• 20221030_090721.jpg
    20221030_090721.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221030_090655.jpg
    20221030_090655.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221030_090622.jpg
    20221030_090622.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I have removed the handle pins on a old Lee two cavity RB mold before. Had no reason to I just did to see. The threads are really steep. It seemed to take only a half of a turn and it was out. Went back in easier than it came out. I have wonders the reason they have a removable pin instead of a roll pin or some sort of rivet instead.

Hey Coolhand, thanks for your reply! I tried to turn the pins out of one of my newer sets of mold blocks before posting the OP, but had a heck of a time trying to even get the Allen wrench into the hex hole in the ends of the pins. The holes were distorted at the upper heads of the pins. Once I finally did get the wrench into the holes, I thought I was going to ruin my wrench, turning it so hard that the whole wrench body twisted under the torque stress. Nothing gave way, so I quit trying and posted my question. I am surprised that you could turn yours out.

Back