• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

45 SMR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is a Kibler 45 SMR i just finished for my wife, maybe, she likes cap locksView attachment 292950View attachment 292951View attachment 292952View attachment 292953View attachment 292954View attachment 292955View attachment 292956View attachment 292957View attachment 292958, i will see if she takes to it. it is in walnut with a real natural Tung oil finish. i love maple but thought i would do one a little different and not a polymerized finish, but natural. what do ya'll think?View attachment 292949
What an interesting piece of walnut!

I might have the other one of those walnut stocks with the unique pattern they had. It's the one I've mentioned with the off axis butt plate that I've been slow walking between other projects. Started on a toe plate for it this week. Seeing yours has me very curious now as I've not yet wet the stock to see what it really might look like when oil finish is applied.

I might have the other one of those walnut stocks with the unique pattern they had. It's the one I've mentioned with the off axis butt plate that I've been slow walking between other projects. Started on a toe plate for it this week. Seeing yours has me very curious now as I've not yet wet the stock to see what it really might look like when oil finish is applied.
this and the other one was on their site 2 weeks ago. it only takes me about a week to do one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

here is a Kibler 45 SMR i just finished for my wife, maybe, she likes cap locksView attachment 292950View attachment 292951View attachment 292952View attachment 292953View attachment 292954View attachment 292955View attachment 292956View attachment 292957View attachment 292958, i will see if she takes to it. it is in walnut with a real natural Tung oil finish. i love maple but thought i would do one a little different and not a polymerized finish, but natural. what do ya'll think?View attachment 292949
Very Nice!

i've got a walnut stocked SMR (also in .45) ... hope mine looks half as good as yours ... i really like the metal finish, and the wood is gorgeous!

Nice looking rifle. Is your wife a deer hunter like you or is it for target shooting? Also I'm curious since you have assembled 6 of these kits did you find the all to be consistent in the fitting of parts? I'm thinking yes but want to hear what you have to say about it.

they are pretty much consistent in the fitting of the parts. there are two areas that will require fitting. the butt plate, and the trigger guard. they can be aggravating! if you do one just pm me and i will give you my phone number and help in any tricks i have learned. the woods runner is fantastic! a lot smoother than the SMR. and my wife has hunted with me for years but the last three years she has backed off and the thrill of killing has left her, mostly she goes to watch the animals. my daddy and i hunted all my life together. then one day when he was about 60 years old i said let's go hunting. he said no i don't care about going anymore. i asked why? he said when you get older you will see. i thought that strange, now i am 66 and have killed 100s of deer in my life. and i know exactly what he meant. i really would rather go and just watch sometimes rather than kill. but the flintlock does give it a challenge so i still do it.

Back