• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.36 cal Dance pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krolick

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are some views of MY navy caliber Dance pistol. Many surviving Dance pistols of both 44 and 36 have rear sights on the breech of the barrel. There is at least one that left the pistol works with no sight on the hammer, having its front and rear sight on the barrel exclusively as my copy does. Also, several Dance pistols were decorated at the shop with simple folk art engraving and punch mark art. In Mattie Duff's letters to her husband during the war, she chronicles the work at the Dance & Bros pistol shop. She notes an extra fine pistol the boys made to be raffled off. I wonder if its one of the surviving ones seen in my books? Some Dance pistols have simple engraved lettering with the names and company of their one time owners. My copy has all the bells and whistles including simple folk art engraving. Its marked on its back strap with initials and the 4th Texas volunteers. G.S.
PICT0004_zpsdbc57224.jpg
[/URL][/img]
PICT0003_zpsc23e08d2.jpg
[/URL][/img]
PICT0002_zps939b0b21.jpg
[/URL][/img]
PICT0001_zpsf0ff6a28.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Very nice. I live about a dozen miles south of where those revolvers were made. Don't know for sure where the factory was but near Anderson, Texas. Nice piece of history.

I got me a detector just a month ago or so. Need to go to Anderson and see if the place is on private property and, if so, will they let me on there. That would be an adventure.

Back