• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 Crockett kit?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matabele

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im trying to find a good deal on a Traditions Davey Crockett .32 kit, it's going to be my first build. The only kit I can find is from The Possible Shop but its going for $335. Thats more than the completed rifle from Mid South and about the same from Dixie and Thunder Ridge.

Does anyone know where I can get a Crockett kit at a decent price?

Thanks sjb1958, tried their site but they dont even offer the kit version...kinda weird :hmm: I guess I might have to buy a completed rifle from Midsouth and redo the stock but its not the same as putting it together from scratch.

i never heard of a crocket kit.
I bought one and redid it had alot of flaws.
had trouble with barrel rusting coud never prevent from forming even after thorough cleaning.
fun shooter overall out to about 50yds.

Try Deer Creek, my Catalog for 2007 lists them at $269.00.
Phone 765-525-6181 good people to deal with and ship same day.

Hi Mat,
Never heard of a Crockett kit either. I checked like you said and you're right. I think it's too pricey though. I was planning to buy one this summer and brown the barrel and tang. Traditions hardwood stock doesn't have the quality like walnut and harder to deal with.

Never heard of the kit, and if there was one that price would be off the charts. I bet it's a typo on the site. Course, by the time you get through tuning and adjusting one, you might as well have a kit.

BTW- I had issues with mine and sent several emails to Tradition's repair department. Never got so much as an answer. Friends report success with the phone, but I'm still too leaked to call. Probably say something I'd regret. Don't waste electrons sending them any emails.

Thanks for all the info everyone, I'll give Deer Creek a call as that doesnt sound like too bad of a price...better than $335 anyway!

Back