• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2023 Fall Squirrel Season...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's the most common muzzleloader you guys are hunting them with? Is it shotgun or small bore caliber?
.32 Crockett Squirrel rifle for me. Sometimes it takes up to 45 minutes + to get a shot, but its worth it. A real test of patience, hunting skills and marksmanship. I absolutely love it.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, add in a little luck too. :)

Now down to just 32 days here!

Last edited:
.32 Crockett Squirrel rifle for me. Sometimes it takes up to 45 minutes + to get a shot, but its worth it. A real test of patience, hunting skills and marksmanship. I absolutely love it.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, add in a little luck too. :)

Now down to just 32 days here!
Haven't hunted any bushy tails in many years but a good quality 22 pellet rifle was my go-to.... Primarily because it was what I had available.

As stated in an earlier post of mine Squirrel Season opens October 14th here in Florida.
Archery opens September 16th in my zone. I will try my luck, I've gotten them before. When true season opens in October I'll use my Pedersoli double barrel shotgun. Season runs til first Sunday of March.
Then I should have my Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle I've been saving for ordered, received and functional.
Getting a .32 caliber.
Can't wait but I'll have to.

As stated in an earlier post of mine Squirrel Season opens October 14th here in Florida.
Archery opens September 16th in my zone. I will try my luck, I've gotten them before. When true season opens in October I'll use my Pedersoli double barrel shotgun. Season runs til first Sunday of March.
Then I should have my Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle I've been saving for ordered, received and functional.
Getting a .32 caliber.
Can't wait but I'll have to.
I hope you enjoy your .32 squirrel getter as much as I enjoy mine.

Thanks Brother.
I'm sure I will, something I've been wanting, waiting, and saving for.
Well, I'm not sure about Florida but for the dark hardwoods and mountains here in KY, it's to my belief that hunting gray squirrels with my .32 Crockett Squirrel rifle is about as much fun as a one can have with their clothes on.

Well, I'm not sure about Florida but for the dark hardwoods and mountains here in KY, it's to my belief that hunting gray squirrels with my .32 Crockett Squirrel rifle is about as much fun as a one can have with their clothes on.
Good Morning, ETipp.
I would really like to hunt them dark hardwoods of KY. Mountains, I sure it would be great time and adventure on my behalf.
Grew up hunting in West Central Illinois.
Reclaimed strip mines, open fields, and some nice hardwoods flat and hilly.
As far as Florida, it was different, but after 39 years I have a special feeling for it. The past few years I've rekindled my love of Squirrel Hunting.
Take care.
Gum Slough

Back