• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2011 Mule Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadeye

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Got this 4x3 on the 2nd morning of the hunt 9/29 on a beautiful day at about 9000 ft. The .50 cal.
ball did a perfect job, in one side out the other.
He took 3 or 4 steps and piled up. Slipped right up on 5 or 6 Deer feeding, not more than 25 or 30 yds. from them and while watching them this buck walks out of a thicket right in front of me, maybe 30 yds. BOOM!,I don't remember even looking at the sights, he was so close. Then the work begins, I was about a mile from my truck so I had to cut him up to get him out. I 've still got to cut and wrap him today.
022.jpg

Congratulations Deadeye!!! Looks to me like you aimed good enough :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Nice :thumbsup: , after all that work it might not be a good time to "weigh in" at the squirrel vs deer post. Nice shooting, aimed or not.

steve

That's outstanding Deadeye...and you lived up to your ID !
:hatsoff:

Sure is a pretty stand of birch or aspen there too

Congrats Deadeye!

It's definitely been a fun ML hunt this year. My dad and brother have both tagged out; brother got his this morning. yes sir, been a fun hunt.

Congrats on that fine buck.
My season doesn't start here in Oklahoma until the last week of Oct. Getting all my gear and camping stuff ready.
Hope I do as good as you did. We have a two doe and 1 buck limit in this 9 day season. Told the wife she may not se me for 9 or 10 days. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the picture and the story,this is better than watching hunting vidios on the boobtube. Think back you must have aimed the rifle to make that perfect shot,LOL. Congrads.

Thanks guys, it's really neat when a hunt comes together just the way you planned it. It's all cut and wrapped and in the freezer now and I've almost recovered from packing it out. Elk season starts Sat.
Deadeye

Back