• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2 yr old on Christmas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntinfool

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I thought you guys might like to see a happy 2 yr old getting his first ML! This is Logan Shane Goodall doing a little 2 fisted opening!

Christmas040575.jpg

Christmas040578.jpg

Ya load it HOW Poppaw?
Cristmas04HR0590.jpg

Mine all Mine!
Christmas04HR0591.jpg

Let go Huntin'!
Christmas04HR0595.jpg

Start em young!

YMH&OS,
Chuck :redthumb:

That's great. Hard to believe in our Liberal controled country that you can still buy one of those for your kids. Sure would be nice if more parents would buy them for their kids and then actually teach them what they are intended to be used for and how to handle them safely. Good for you for being one who cares enough about their child to do it.

Just make sure you don't loose that orange muzzle cap, lest the cops panic and haul the little tyke in :cry: Just remember, "Children, like trees grow tall and strong, only those that have roots can weather the storms of life" Looks like he has already sprouted a few :thumbsup: God bless

Yea Fellows,

That's my grandson named after Chief Logan. I plan to have him carry that rifle just like it's a real firearm. I'm going to keep it up and train him how to carry it safely so he can tag along with poppaw and learn gun safety.

One day I'll replace it with a real flintlock he's in my will also. Start em young I say! I got that gun at Scott's Outdoor Hunting Supplies. $20.00 Cabellas also has them.

http://www.scottsoutdoors.com/

YMH&OS, :redthumb:
Chuck

Poppaw,.... Ya done good!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ::

Thet's one Christmas present "Logan" will 'member fer'a loooong time!! :applause: ::

YMHS
rollingb

Huntinfool,
OUTSTANDING ,thanks for sharing
HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR
snake-eyes :thumbsup: :) :peace: :)

"Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs

Amen for your training of him.

Wow, i remember my "first" gun...it was exactly the same thing! Course, that was back when you could still get strip caps and the hammer hit hard enough to pop them. I was the scourge of my neighborhood...slinking through the yards, coonskin cap, Ole' Betsy gripped in my hands, and a roll of caps in the top pocket of my overalls, waiting for the Brits to show themselves....and, slightly less period correct, I had a pair of Peacemakers in faux-leather holsters wrapped around my butt, also loaded to the gills with strip caps, and usually a disc-capper tucked into the top of one of my cowboy boots.

.....and if that was today, i'd be the only 6 year old in the County Lock-Up, sitting right next to the family friend who gave it to me in the first place!

WOW! I just noticed that on the "cap box" it has Old Besty in script writin'! Mine didn't have that! Or the patch box, neither! Wow, you got him the Dee-Lucks model, dint'cha!

:shake:what a world....

Awesome gift, teach him right, bring him to Rondy often :redthumb:

Christmas04HR0591.jpg

Wow, what a smile...

You will see that smile again, when he gets his first REAL muzzleloader and when he takes his first deer with it...

And he already has a P.C. hat... :winking: :haha:

Excellent photo's huntinfool. Did your chest go back to it's normal size yet? :thumbsup: I'm sure it gets a little puffed up with a fine young man like that around. Train him up right, he's the future of our habit, hobby, you know what I mean. :crackup:

Outstanding! Howdy, my new found friend, I had one very similar when I was a tadpole. It would nearly be an antique now! :shocking:

Yes it did swell up friends. He's my buddy for sure can't wait till he's old enough to take huntin', fishin', and such.

Logan is named after Chief Logan the Mingo (Shawnee) Native American. My Great Grandmother was a full blood Shawnee her Maiden name was Logan. We named him after her as well as the Chief. At least I did, I suspect his mother liked a soap opera hunk by that name. LOL! Oh well we both got what we liked!

I traced my linage back into the early 1800s but the records get slim. In those days it was better to be black than red. At least they would let you live if you were black, most of the time. LOL!

My G Grandmother had to hide the fact that she was Native American because of the prejudice of the day. I recently have been talking to my great uncle who's the baby of her family and the last of the Goodall clan so to speak.

He's 83 and still spry as can be. I've been invited up to visit him in Ohio. I hope he can help some but he doesn't know much. He can tell me about my G Grandfather who died in 1931 I think. He was born 1845 and fought with the Confederacy. :RO:

Can't wait! :redthumb:

I had one when I was a kid too Bucky. It was sure made better than this one is. I bought him caps but the darn thing explode right back into your face when ya bust em. Mine never did that as recall!

YMH&OS,
Chuck

In 1979 I got a BB gun "muzzleloader". The barrel assembly unscrewed to load bb's under the barrel. It was a spring-action with the lever in a recess under the stock. Long gone now, wish I could get another.

I had a cap shooting muzzeloader as well. Mine shot cork balls, range, all of about 5 feet. It's funny what memories stick with you after 40 years or so and how they influence the rest of your life. I guess that book "All I ever needed to learn I learned in kindergarten" has more truth to it than we realize.

Dick

Back