• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1851 SITREP

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, talked with Jason down at Traditions, and they are replacing the pins no problem. Interestingly enough though (I'm about to display my intense rookie-ness), the revolver I bought "new" from the Possible Shop is in fact used. The internals, internals fitting, and grips are not factory. Jason said the timing could be better, and some of the parts are worn more than they should be (indicating age), but it should work fine as-is.

Has anyone else had this happen, selling used as new?

As for Traditions, I'd give them an A so far. I had to dock them the + for their absolutely ATROCIOUS old-school elevator hold music, but every staff member I've talked to has been outstanding. Well, there it is...

Someone bought from TPS, swapped out parts with old gun, returned new looking gun, gun got sold to you?

Don't know what happened... It came in a Traditions box, and had a thin layer of packing grease (cosmoline looking stuff) on it, and all the docs etc. The grips that came on mine are a black plastic looking material. Piettas apparently ship exclusively with wooden grips. I'd think if Don had seen the Navy before shipping, he'd have keyed in on the obvious difference, and known something was amiss.

Could be it came from Traditions, so Don wouldn't have even looked at it, but according to Trad., they have no way of knowing whether it's even theirs or not.

Way I see it, it's worked fine up 'till now, the pins will be brand new, and I'll replace the internals in the near future (once I learn how to time and tune them), I bought it for $30 more than the brass frames were selling for, I'll probably just call it good.

My next revolver will probably be Uberti, though, and I'll compare from there.

I had a bad experience with a Navy Arms 'Yank' when I first got into BP. My first pistol was the 'Reb' in .44. I got the Yank as a companion piece. I noticed that it seemed to shoot 'harder' than the Reb. Then, one day on the last shot of a cylinderful, the barrel literally flew off, taking the arbor with it! The threads were completely stripped out of the frame and closer inspection revealed that the barrel was split at forcing cone at the bottom. It pistol was obviously terribly out of time. Ever since, I check everyway possible to ensure the pistol is in time.

Back