• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

115 caliber smoothbore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

santanatwo

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I built what can only be described as awe inspireing (ly ugly). It has a 14 inch barrel and is percusion. The boar diameter is 1.15 inches aproximately.

I loaded up 3 ounces of #6 shot, and an ounce of buckshot, with 200 grains of 777 powder.

The pattern completely coverd an old door I had set up 15 yards away.

:bow:

I had it up against a tree. The metal grip put a dent in the tree.

:thumbsup: I was not holding the gun. Call it a proof load.

:wink:

I also shot sandstone gravel using dead oak leaves for wadding. Recoil was managable.

I shot sandstone gravel with paper wadding, recoil was much heavier.

I worked up to 150 grains of two eff 777 with paper wadding and 6 x 50 call balls. recoil is heavy but "managable" and will send the balls in a vertical string through 16 guage sheet metal.

man you are insane, lol. the biggest homebuilt i got is a 50 cal derringer. that thing must kick like... well i dont know what the hell would kick like that. imagine being on the other end of that thing, i think you'd die of shock before you even pulled the trigger. :haha:

Here is the shocker. I built it almost 6 years ago. And almost forgot about it, I just found it under a shelf. I'll ahve to wait a bit for pic. I don't an operational camera at the moment, but I promise to post pics soon.

The first few times I shot it, I almost couldn't remember what just happened (alomst) it's like the blast stuns you. :wink:

So please describe how you built your gun. What were the barrel and breech plug made of? How long are the breech plug threads and what thread pitch did you use? What is the barrel thickness? Thinking of a similar project but more like a punt gun. GC

It makes my rotater cup hurt just reading this!!!
OUCH!

p.s. Are you expecting a T Rex in the backyard?

Back