• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

10 lbs BP Now Or Wait

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
which causes...shortage shortage shortage
So go without. It’s your choice, based on how much you shoot or don’t shoot. But don’t whine about it. Guys here buying ten pounds of powder to last them the next couple years are planning ahead. Demand and related pricing is the foundation of capitalism.

If I had the extra funds and didn't have a couple extra pounds of 2F, I'd be ordering at least 5# of 3F. I'll just have to shoot the 2F I have until I need more. At the rate I'm going it might be 10-12 years.

Thing is, some rifles take huge charges and a shooter can burn through a pound of powder pretty quickly. The .62 rifle I shoot burns 120 grains FFG each shot, and one practice session burns 20% of a pound of powder. The antique British double rifles I shoot each take anywhere from 100 to 170 grains of 1.5FG or FFG in each barrel. A practice session with any one of these rifles will easily burn through half a pound of powder. Multiply that by a half dozen rifles (every one of which I do hunt with every year), and Papa needs his powder order filled, now...

I got Swiss at $25 per lbs

Add shipping cost and Then Hazmat… yet that’s Seperate.

$25 per pound ain’t bad

Do it. Do it now.

Estes Energetics has a long row to hoe before you see Goex back on the shelves. They've got a plant to rebuild (I doubt Hodgdon did squat with the plant after the fire), a boatload of hazmat, environmental and labor regulatory issues to address and quite likely a backlog of military and commerical contracts to fill by the ton before they start filling 1 pound cans of 2 and 3f.

Wait and you may never have.

ML can be the cheapest known in the gun sports and the biggest complainers when they can not get anything. Easy to research just read the posts here.

Buy now so you have it instead of saving 20 bucks or so.

If you don't expect any sympathy when you cannot get any at any price cause you will get laughed at.

Just do it

bEiJrg8.jpg
Are the white jugs 5 lb wa or is that a new 1lb can. i can read the label.
An another note i by 5 or 10 lbs ever spring and fall from back creek when I’m at the nationals buy caps at the vets skirmish there.

I'm down to my last couple cans of BP. Plus I have about 5 lbs of Pyrodex that I caught on clearance years ago for backup and letting the kids plink with it. At $250 for 10 lbs of Schutzen delivered, would you pull the trigger on it now or wait to see what prices will do.
That's a very reasonable price, you'll not find it again for $25 a can; go for it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back