• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

10.38 oz vs 13 oz Sunforger?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthFork

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Looking at buying a 10' x 10' single pole pyramid for rondevous. Torn between the 10.38 and 13 oz Sunforger. Would prefer something that would last but don't know if the 13 oz is overkill.

'morning,

All of my tents have been 10.38 marine boat shrunk, and they have held up very well. Still get some shrinkage, but not horrible. When I talked with Panther many years ago, before buying my first one, they said that 13oz is way overkill for most purposes. Plus, it is considerably heavier for transport and set up/tear down.

Good luck,
Mike

'morning,

All of my tents have been 10.38 marine boat shrunk, and they have held up very well. Still get some shrinkage, but not horrible. When I talked with Panther many years ago, before buying my first one, they said that 13oz is way overkill for most purposes. Plus, it is considerably heavier for transport and set up/tear down.

Good luck,
Mike
Thank you.

We've had a Springbar tent for 8 years that is 10 oz on the roof and 8 oz on the walls both Sunforger and it's been in a lot of rain, some snow and a lot of wind and it's still good to go. We got a period A frame a year ago in 10 oz too.
On a side note we met a guy who sells canvas tents with a zippered door at an event one year and I asked him if the material was Sunforger and he said no, that they didn't have that back in the day. I said yeah and that didn't have zippers either. He didn't say much.

10oz Panther wedge tent. Works great, quick 1-man set up & tear down, and easy to pack around.

Piikani camp Nov 12th 2023.jpg

Latest posts

Back