• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turtle Soup

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to be insulting. If you are offended, step back and take a breath. So far, only your inbred Southerner comment is over the line...

nhmoose said:
Let's quit the northerner/southerner ******** it sucks Call me a Yankee and you prove you are an inbred southerner

Mods close the thread it is repulsive.

Dude!.....Are you off your meds?
No one is talking to you or about you.....
The only person that was called a Yankee was me.....And I'm not bothered by it....
Noodling is not a "northern" sport as far as I have ever seen. Places where catfishes that big hang out would be suicide to try and noodle.
The only person spouting northerner/southerner bullsh1t, is you.
Dang!....................
Has everyone forgot what humor is?... :shake:

Most of my life I’ve lived in Arkansas, now in Missouri, grew up in New Mexico and some of the best fishing in the country. The first time I heard about noodling I thought it was a joke. Then I seen some folks doing it.
Now I’ve had more then one ”˜hold my beer and watch this’ moment, but I don’t think I’ve ever had enough beer to make me stick my hand in an unknown under water hole, or hollow log or cubby hole on a hilside.
I tried to make turtle soup once but made such a mess of getting meat off the little fellow I never tried a second time.

A couple of years ago my son and a buddy were noodling in a local pond. There were big rocks placed along the edges and the catfish were in them.

They were just doing it for fun and it was catch and release. They tried to talk me into giving it a try, but I am much older and perhaps a little wiser.

Fleener

nhmoose said:
Let's quit the northerner/southerner ******** it sucks Call me a Yankee and you prove you are an inbred southerner

Mods close the thread it is repulsive.
nhmoose, I'm sorry if my playful post put your nose out of joint. I'm not into the north vs south mind set even a little bit, so it didn't occur to me there would be anyone who wouldn't take it as it was intended. You know, Yankee is a person from up east, Damn-yankee is a Yankee who comes south. Hillbilly, bubba, Jethro and all the other pseudo-insults playfully exchanged between friends.

Of course, it can be more in ernest, as you seem to think it is, your choice.

Spence

The only person that was called a Yankee was me.....And I'm not bothered by it....

AND there are 53 million Englishmen alone, who refer to all Americans as "Yank" which is short for Yankee.... :haha:

There are the phrases Yankee Ingenuity and Yankee dime...,

There was a guide to New England slang published in Yankee Magazine

:idunno:

LD

I apologize to the board for my posts of last night.

I was in a very bad mood from my eye injection of the morning. The pain from the germ cleaner gave me serious trouble. I am sensitive to the term Yankee but no reason.

I was out of line and am sorry. :v

I saw a show on TV on noodling a while back, like everything it has gone high tech. Now there are clubs and you team up so if you get a 100 pound blue it won't drown you, your buddies dive in to save the day. The spots are all recorded on a GPS system so you can quickly return to known holes, etc. - I think they even wear uniforms.
Leaping lizards Batman :doh:

I always had a hankerin' to try turtle soup.

I went to an oyster bar in Portland, OR to satisfy that urge awhile back.

I couldn't tell you what the turtle tasted like because the various hot sauces, ingredients, or what ever that was used to make the soup basically napalmed my mouth and digestive track.

Never did cool water taste so good.

A local town maintains a water supply reservoir just a 1/4 mile from my farm. Every spring the female snappers climb out, up the steep banks and lay eggs in the lawns and flower beds of the houses across the street from the pond. Drove by and saw a snapper last weekend with a shell about a foot front to back climbing off the road into a driveway. I never see the young hatchlings making their way back however.

Back