• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Quick and Dirty Shrimp Soup

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last night I got to the house too late to fix a real supper. Wife wasn’t feeling good so she just wanted a can of chicken noodle soup so I was left to my own desires for a meal. This is the easiest thing in the world to make if you want a quick, cheap, hardy dish that is packed with flavor.

I took a cheap pack of Picante Ramen noodles and cooked them per the directions on the package. While that was cooking I chopped up a small onion and finely chopped some extra hot jalapeno peppers. Got them sweating in a hot skillet and, after the onions were just right, I added about a half a bag of medium, pre-cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp. Now, the shrimp season here in southern middle Tennessee has been kinda slow, so I bought the shrimp from Wally World for less than six bucks. I pulled off the tails, cut each piece in half, and tossed it into the pepper and onion skillet. Stir fried it all together until stuff started turning brown. Then, once the noodles were done, I turned off the heat but left the sauce pan on the eye. I dumped the shrimp/pepper/onion mixture in with the ramen, stirred it well, and dumped it into a large soup bowl.

Once I got it to the table I peppered it pretty heavy with crushed red pepper flakes, mixed it all in, and hit it with the pepper flakes again. This whole deal took less than 15 minutes and was the best way I’ve ever had Ramen noodles. Would be a great camp meal on a cold night. Had I had any, I would have added mushrooms but, even without them, this was a great dish. I liked it so well I just wanted to share it with you folks. If you try it let me know what you thought about it. Carry on…

Attachments

• IMG_20230925_200304729.jpg
    IMG_20230925_200304729.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
Back