• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

therifleshoppe?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“That's the problem if people would just quit ordering from them because they take so long they will either fold up their tents or straighten up and deliver their products in a timely manner, but because you have folks that don't care when they get their parts you have folks like TRS floating around.”

They help keep some folk making money $$$
Some folk plan farther ahead.
Some folk aren’t satisfied with Walmart.

I think that if the Rifle Shoppe was more up front about the true unknown time it might take the better.

William Alexander

colorado clyde said:
There's a lot of good arguments on both sides, and I can accept reasons for waiting 6 months to two years. But the thing that perplexes me is what possible explanation could justify a 5 year wait for either party? :youcrazy:

There is no reason, or excuse that I will take for waiting to get a part 6 months or more down the line. :shake:

If someone pulled a credit report on the principals of TRS I bet that would explain most of it.

Scarce resources and priorities. They can't financially, emotionally, physically do everything everybody wants when they want it, that's all. But they CAN do it -- and sometimes that's worth waiting a long time for.

I wouldn't call that "floating around" Armakiller. 7-Eleven will probably have rare and unique museum-quality reproduction gun parts between the scratch-off lottery tickets and the Slurpees someday, but till then sophistication requires that instant gratification be set aside.

Now, if we all boycott buying gasoline on Jan. 1st it'll criple the evil oil companies and the artificially inflated price of fuel will come down overnight. Whaddya say!!!

After reading just the first page of this thread I have now put TRS on my never order from list :shake:

Who else offers a parts set for a French Anchor Marked gun? With castings and stock profile taken off the original? Or a M1733 Calvary Carbine........? If someone did I'd go see them.

the thing I can't understand is that even if they don't want to keep parts in stock then just say something to the effect of "we do castings in January and July. If you want your stuff made pay for it and it will go in with the next batch." That would be fine.

I got 2 or 3 rounds of "it will be getting made next month, about 4 years ago. Still don't have them.

Another option will come along. We're no more than a few years away from these parts just getting printed out as they're ordered with no casting lead time to wait on at all.

Well, as has been repeatedly said, if you can't put up with the waits don't order from them. But I have ordered from them for various projects and try to plan my builds years into the future to accommodate my hobby and TRS's schedule. If you are looking for accurately, well-done parts for some rather obscure firearms, you really have no choice but to order from them and put up with the waits. If the long waits aren't worth the parts to you, then don't order from them. I feel it has worked out for me, because my building is a hobby and I have been able to accommodate the waits. And I have been happy with the parts. And I will probably place more orders with them.
Bill M.

Some people can wait years on a part. I had no ideal when I place my order that one part out of a whole kit( that I paid for )would take years to get. Cast parts only takes a few days to run. They are investment castings meaning the molds are already made. All they have to do is set them up, inject wax in them and run. Since they (TRS)appears to be the only ones with this type of parts, why can't the foundry keep up. You don't even have to run a large amount of the same parts and can put different models on the same mold tree. Yes I know how to do investment casting !! If they do that much business, the foundry should run what they need. Or maybe the foundry is returning the same karma to TRS for the way TRS treats it customers.

Would you wait for a BMW original part years (that you paid for up front)to get your BMW car on the road, because BMW is the only one that make's the original part, NO!!! I guess some would if they plan ahead of time LOL

Perhaps they are creating demand by limiting supply.....or.....
Perhaps they offer things for sale that they don't yet have made or the ability to make and then demand for those items out paces their manufacturing ability causing them to fall years behind on delivery. :hmm:

flytrout said:
Would you wait for a BMW original part years (that you paid for up front)to get your BMW car on the road, because BMW is the only one that make's the original part, NO!!! I guess some would if they plan ahead of time LOL
' And why would you buy from BMW again knowing it will take years to get replacement parts.

flytrout said:
Some people can wait years on a part. I had no ideal when I place my order that one part out of a whole kit( that I paid for )would take years to get. Cast parts only takes a few days to run. They are investment castings meaning the molds are already made. All they have to do is set them up, inject wax in them and run. Since they (TRS)appears to be the only ones with this type of parts, why can't the foundry keep up. You don't even have to run a large amount of the same parts and can put different models on the same mold tree. Yes I know how to do investment casting !! If they do that much business, the foundry should run what they need. Or maybe the foundry is returning the same karma to TRS for the way TRS treats it customers.
AS Supercracker said, why not make two runs a year, and let the customers know.

And Mr. Dyson sends them to TRS otherwise -- LOL.

By the way foks, BMW's are not custom-made reproductions of up to centuries-old cars. What has one thing to do with the other!?

For all those who feel the unfavorable way they do towards TRS...

...start your own business supplying the same products only better, faster, stronger, and become rich and renowned!

:pop:

I called Thursday and she said next Friday. I have heard this many times before (over a year). I hope it's for real this time. I know I will never order from them again. I ordered complete kits (two of them) and not just a part for a replacement to original one. I might can see that. I order what they said they had in stock. Just the people here that has posted, I would say they TRS have lost 10's of thousands of dollars. Just think of the others not on this forum that it has happen too and will never order again?

flytrout said:
Would you wait for a BMW original part years (that you paid for up front)....
Anyone who pre-pays for something 5 years before it will ship is a sucker. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back