• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

therifleshoppe?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my post moved here by Admin, no problem but getting in late on it. It seems that a few people say it is OK if you are the only act in town. How can it be OK to sell something you don't have and have no ideal when you can get it in stock. Again I can cast a part in a few hours, but don't have the part to mold from. In investment casting the molds are there and can be set up in a few days to make a run. If your in business, you should talk to your buyers and let them know. I had no ideal they had bad business model until I ran into it myself and done some research on them. I'm sorry I don't have to have something quick, but waiting years because you are the only act in town and can get away with it is wrong. Just because I am a hobbyist doesn't make me wrong for wanting something in a reasonable time. In todays world these parts are cast (the ones I'm talking about) and not hand made so production should not be a problem.

To those who don't know, our Search Engine will not accept words that are only 3 letters long like TRS.

If you put the words rifle shop into it, it will show every post that has either word in it which is tens of thousands of posts.

If you want to look up The Rifle Shoppe, put the words in quotes or enter what I just did, "rifle shop" (in quotes).

You will still get lots of hits but most of them will be the ones your looking for. :)

Heck. I can't even get a catalog from them. Once ordered some locks from them. After a year I moved. Two and a half years later they called and wanted to know if I still wanted them. I couldn't help laughing. I made my own.

Well, I guess I am one of the few who has been generally happy with the Rifle Shoppe. I build percussion and flint military arms and find their parts the most accurate and most like an original of any on the market. Yes, the waits can be long and I've done my share of complaining about it. But I try to factor that into my builds. I first ordered a 1795 Springfield parts set and waited 18 months to receive it. I then ordered a 1756 Long Land Brown Bess parts set with assembled lock and English Walnut stock-- that took 2 1/2 years before I received it. I was impressed and very happy with both parts sets. I also have ordered a bayonet from them for the 1795 Springfield-- they told me it would probably ship in 90 days. It arrived in less than 30 days. Yesterday, I found myself in need of a breech section for a Mississippi rifle barrel. Having checked with my usual sources and coming up empty, I called the Rifle Shoppe on the chance they might have one in stock. They said they did have one and would ship it out to my barrel maker. Within two hours of my phone call, I received an email with tracking information showing the part was on it's way to my barrel maker. All in all, I have been quite pleased with the parts I have received from the Rifle Shoppe. In fact, I am thinking of placing an order for another parts set from them. Of course, if I do, I am scheduling the build a few years down the road as I complete other projects.
Bill M.

You sir have mastered the virtue of patience. I myself would never ever ever ever place an order with a company known for soo many tear+ waits (on this forum alone!

I,m going 5 years on two sets of fusil parts,and I even had the barrels made to speed things up....... But then I've had a whole parts set for a gun in two weeks. Their customer service model sucks,but where else you gonna go for what they offer?

What makes it so bad is I found out three months ago from the VA that I have Pulmonary Fibrosis and am terminally ill. Less then one to two years left. I guess the old saying that you will die before you get your parts from them are true.

alex efremenko said:
I,m going 5 years on two sets of fusil parts,..
I think statements like this say more about the customers than the Rifle Shoppe. It's interesting that people have nothing better to do than wait. I'm not sure what it speaks to, but it's very strange indeed.

It's only strange if he doesn't remind them every six months or so...

...then it just shows him as an above-average participant in "the hobby."

IF you want something bad enough and can only find one source, then you pay the price - which sometimes is money & sometimes is time and may even be both. Someone who has "the bug" will put more into an acquisition than what others would consider "reasonable".

Good point. If the longest you've ever waited for something in this "hobby" is months, not years, you're not really in it, you're just passing through it.

Jack Wilson said:
alex efremenko said:
I,m going 5 years on two sets of fusil parts,..
I think statements like this say more about the customers than the Rifle Shoppe. It's interesting that people have nothing better to do than wait. I'm not sure what it speaks to, but it's very strange indeed.

Jack

It not like we are waiting around sitting on our hands.

Also, if I could just go to Walmart and get what I wanted it would not be worth as much to me.

I think we understand you better then you understand us, no offence intended.

:)
William Alexander

I have other interesting projects to do. And a degree of patience. Gun building will teach you that.

azmntman said:
I myself would never ever ever ever place an order with a company known for soo many tear+ waits (on this forum alone!

I agree, there is just about nothing I'd be willing to order and wait more than a year for! :shake: Certainly not waiting for a set of parts for a year+ just so I can then START to work on the project! I have patience when I'm working on a project of some sort, take time to do it right, but I have little patience for waiting for stuff I'm paying for.

Don't let anyone tell you that mediocrity, to be yourself just like most others, average, can't be an ambitious goal in and of itself!

Alden said:
Don't let anyone tell you that mediocrity, to be yourself just like most others, average, can't be an ambitious goal in and of itself!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are bad :slap:

William

Squirrel Tail said:
azmntman said:
I myself would never ever ever ever place an order with a company known for soo many tear+ waits (on this forum alone!

I agree, there is just about nothing I'd be willing to order and wait more than a year for! :shake: Certainly not waiting for a set of parts for a year+ just so I can then START to work on the project! I have patience when I'm working on a project of some sort, take time to do it right, but I have little patience for waiting for stuff I'm paying for.

That's the problem if people would just quit ordering from them because they take so long they will either fold up their tents or straighten up and deliver their products in a timely manner, but because you have folks that don't care when they get their parts you have folks like TRS floating around.

“I agree, there is just about nothing I'd be willing to order and wait more than a year for! Certainly not waiting for a set of parts for a year+ just so I can then START to work on the project! I have patience when I'm working on a project of some sort, take time to do it right, but I have little patience for waiting for stuff I'm paying for.”

My projects are planed out so the time it takes to get the parts is inconsequential
When a project is ready to start, if I don’t have all the parts I just make them.
That doesn’t happen too often, but I don’t mind a long time for some things.
You can’t imagine the time it took me to get a good supply off dragon’s blood.

If you were my customer and you wanted something built from them that I did not have on hand
I would have you order from them yourself and when you get your parts come see me.
Saves a lot of wasted time telling the customer the same thing over and over again.

Could they do better? Yes

William Alexander

Yep !! You can rest assured if they sent you the parts and were waiting for their money to arrive ,,they would not be so understanding and patient,, Quit buying and put out the word far and wide

There's a lot of good arguments on both sides, and I can accept reasons for waiting 6 months to two years. But the thing that perplexes me is what possible explanation could justify a 5 year wait for either party? :youcrazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back