• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024 Scammer Alert

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yahamshari

32 Cal
Reaction score
I would like to alert other members of this forum that I came across a scammer whose MO is to join on the same day multiple online firearms, hunting, and even model train forums. He then researches the specific forum’s rules such as the requirement to create 20 to 50 short online posts in order to establish himself on the forum and potentially be allowed to contact other members and ultimately be granted access by the site Admin to the Marketplace page. He then searches for members who posted a "Want to Buy" ad on the board. He then contacts his potential victims using the same introductory message, e.g., “Hello, if you’re still looking and may consider shipping, I can help out with a lead, you can reach out to Sean in Pennsylvania he has the ______________ for sale this is his email address [email protected] good luck” or “Hi I can help out with a lead if you’re still looking and may consider shipping, you can reach out to Owen in Ohio he has the _________________ for sale kindly send him a text message this is his phone number (513) 743-0096.”

When the potential victim initiates the inquiry, the referrer who is also the scammer searches online for images of the product the potential victim is interested in buying. The scammer snatches non-watermarked images of the product, uses Photoshop to place a sticky note complete with underneath shadow effect and a written day's date and the target victim's first name. He emails the photoshopped images to the victim with the asking price, shipping method, and payment method.

There are already a handful of Scammer Alerts online about this particular scammer. Some of his online usernames/handles include (jadenbem and Oriade), email ([email protected]), fake full name (Sean Dani Tallman), and a Cincinnati, OH telephone number (513-743-0096) that he lets roll to voicemail. He then asks his potential victims to send the funds via Venmo to "Daisy," his girlfriend. Her Venmo tag is @Daisybabygirl001

Once the transfer of funds is complete, the scammer goes silent. No products are ever shipped. This scammer has been busy scamming his victims since 2019 and has not been caught yet. We have his IP address and know his actual location.

I would like to alert other members of this forum that I came across a scammer whose MO is to join on the same day multiple online firearms, hunting, and even model train forums. He then researches the specific forum’s rules such as the requirement to create 20 to 50 short online posts in order to establish himself on the forum and potentially be allowed to contact other members and ultimately be granted access by the site Admin to the Marketplace page. He then searches for members who posted a "Want to Buy" ad on the board. He then contacts his potential victims using the same introductory message, e.g., “Hello, if you’re still looking and may consider shipping, I can help out with a lead, you can reach out to Sean in Pennsylvania he has the ______________ for sale this is his email address [email protected] good luck” or “Hi I can help out with a lead if you’re still looking and may consider shipping, you can reach out to Owen in Ohio he has the _________________ for sale kindly send him a text message this is his phone number (513) 743-0096.”

When the potential victim initiates the inquiry, the referrer who is also the scammer searches online for images of the product the potential victim is interested in buying. The scammer snatches non-watermarked images of the product, uses Photoshop to place a sticky note complete with underneath shadow effect and a written day's date and the target victim's first name. He emails the photoshopped images to the victim with the asking price, shipping method, and payment method.

There are already a handful of Scammer Alerts online about this particular scammer. Some of his online usernames/handles include (jadenbem and Oriade), email ([email protected]), fake full name (Sean Dani Tallman), and a Cincinnati, OH telephone number (513-743-0096) that he lets roll to voicemail. He then asks his potential victims to send the funds via Venmo to "Daisy," his girlfriend. Her Venmo tag is @Daisybabygirl001

Once the transfer of funds is complete, the scammer goes silent. No products are ever shipped. This scammer has been busy scamming his victims since 2019 and has not been caught yet. We have his IP address and know his actual location.

He's already been here ....

LD

It’s good to see people here who are willing to share their knowledge of online scamming, and warn everyone of the techniques the ripoffs use to try and get your money.
It’s true some people just can’t see it coming, but this kind of information will help them.
Yes, I do believe we should look out and protect ourselves and in this world. But the real question in this thread should be, does a person deserve to be scammed when all they are looking for is a chance to buy their shooting supplies at a fair price.? Ask yourselves if that is stupid or ignorant. I think it’s practical, not to mention it supports the very thing we all come here to talk about, muzzleloading stuff.
I’m old enough to remember when you could trade or haggle for a good deal and not feel like you were being taken advantage of with every transaction.
I don’t stand in line at Walmarts for gift cards. I don’t even go to Walmart. But if I saw someone being taken advantage of anywhere, by a cheating scumball, I try to educate the victim and stop that crime. No one deserves to be scammed and not caring about is a crime too.

Back