• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

therifleshoppe?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Va. your are right and I do have a local blacksmith do some forging. Some parts I cut out of 4140 for heavy stress parts. I don't have a CNC but a good old milling machine. Blacksmiths run on both sides of my family and has been doing forging since 1840's. I never learned the art of forging myself. As for as starting my own business, I did and was one of 5 in the world at what I done and sold it 9 years later with a good customer base for a nice profit. I do respect all input everyone has gave me. Both sides have great points. That's what forums are for, talking, inputs and hear someone out. Thanks to all.

“That's Lazy as **** to only ship out on Fridays and it takes you 2 to 5 weeks to get it even when they have it in stock? That's just lame, lousy and lazy. I'm glad I don't have to rely on them for parts.”

To be fair, to the best of my knowledge and belief they do only ship out on Fridays
Not every Friday

The longest I think was 3 or 4 weeks for something they had on hand.
It takes Cabelas, TOTW, Dixie, 1 to 2 + weeks to me.
I do live in the geographical middle of nowhere

“Note that the geographical center of the entire U.S. is northeast of Belle Fourche in Butte County, South Dakota 44°58”²N 103°46”²W, The geographic center of North America lies near Rugby, North Dakota 48°22”²2”³N 99°59”²46”³W”

:)

William Alexander

I ordered once from them, had the parts a week later (it was shipped out two days after order). Parts were in stock... But just saying my experience was positive :idunno:

Kruzer;
That a petronel in the Victoria & Albert Museum!?

Can't remember honestly, downloaded and looked at about all of them as I could when doing research last year.

One of my projects is to build a matchlock petronel... just down on my list as I have a nice piece of special order wood (from Dunlap) for it and afraid of "messing it up" , so am working on a few other projects first to aquire some carving skills :)

For what it's worth, my two parts kit orders were shipped on Fridays as I recall. My most recent order for a Mississippi Rifle breech section was shipped out the same day I called them and ordered it, which happened to be on a Monday.
Bill M.
Tinker2 said:
“That's Lazy as **** to only ship out on Fridays and it takes you 2 to 5 weeks to get it even when they have it in stock? That's just lame, lousy and lazy. I'm glad I don't have to rely on them for parts.”

To be fair, to the best of my knowledge and belief they do only ship out on Fridays
Not every Friday

The longest I think was 3 or 4 weeks for something they had on hand.
It takes Cabelas, TOTW, Dixie, 1 to 2 + weeks to me.
I do live in the geographical middle of nowhere

“Note that the geographical center of the entire U.S. is northeast of Belle Fourche in Butte County, South Dakota 44°58”²N 103°46”²W, The geographic center of North America lies near Rugby, North Dakota 48°22”²2”³N 99°59”²46”³W”

:)

William Alexander

♫ This is the thread that never ends, ♪
Yes, it goes on and on my friend, ♫
Some people, ♪ started reading it not knowing what it was,♫
♪ And they'll continue reading it forever just because, , ♪ ♫
, , ♫ This is the thread that never ends,, ♪ , ,

colorado clyde said:
"who would you be least likely to purchase from ...India or TRS"
LOL But it's a bad analogy.

...kinda like comparing getting an Umbrella Room/dirty-water hotdog from a street cart with crusty mustard vs. dining in a restaurant where there are no prices on the menu*.

In one, you have no idea what's actually in what you bought but it looks acceptable, it is cheap, it's convenient and it's available... You just hope it's safe and won't actually kill you.

In the other you aren't there just 'cause you're hungry -- you are there to partake in the exceptional; a comprehensive, elevated, culinary experience you can appreciate. You know everything is extraordinary from the decor and furniture to the snooty service, and you can trust the same for the ingredients and preparation of the cuisine itself. All the best by some of the best in the craft... But if you're in a rush, don't understand the language, or have to ask what the prices are you simply don't get it, are in the wrong place, and really are not welcome.

*Armakiller, there are some very prestigious establishments that don't serve grits nor have prices on their menus that themselves do contain multi-lingual references (beyond Soup du Jour which means Soup-of-the-Day). They also have a separate wine list that is longer than red, white, and sangria. Kinda like TRS' catalog of parts... And the above-average clientele is absolutely more-than-fine with all that.

Alden, a good analogy, well put.

As has been stated before, you have to wonder how many of the negative posters on the subject have actually done business with TRS? By reading this thread that goes on and on and on and on, I would have to say almost none of them. Their indignity is based on little or no experience so really carries no weight. Personally, I've been very happy with my treatment by them and the quality of the items I have received. But, I am patient and don't expect instant gratification due to the fact that I started in this hobby over 40 years ago when it could take years to find parts for a restoration. If you didn't find an original part in similar condition, the gun went in the corner and sat with no reproductions as an alternative, TRS has filled that gap nicely and even made it possible to build accurate reproductions of many firearms that were in no way available before.

I have went thru all posts. Of the users and here these are the stats

Users that has order from TRS
Con's 8
Pro's 7

Users that has never ordered from TRS
Con's 20
Pro's 4

That's just a good customer service rate of only 48% or so. from paying customers on this forum.

As far as order hot dogs vs fine dinning. You get what you pay for. If I pay for wine, I should get wine. If a wine steward says he will be right back with my wine in a few minutes but shows up a hour later. I will leave, of course some here would say that is instant gratification. Of course as stated in a prior post, your not welcome to be their customer.

Alden:

When your at your favorite snooty, upscale restrerent, don't forget to order the

Sèche la crème semoule de maïs avec du beurre et le sel.

You'll love it. :grin:

The last time I ordered a fancy sounding French food it turned out to be cold potato soup. :(

Users that has order from TRS
Con's 8
Pro's 7

Just a thought but I wonder.

On the con’s I wonder if they were unhappy with the quality.
Or the amount of time quality takes?

:pop: :)
William Alexander

Flytrout, but there's a long line at the hotdog cart, and it's hot and muggy out, and there's alot of noisy cars and buses and trucks making lots of polution, and they're out of soda and don't have a sign out, and the onions are too spicy and the sauerkraut is too sour and...

:shake:

Since we are using your analogy, I would not eat at that stand again for a while. If I don't like what he has or the way the service is why. I have dine at some of the best fine dining restaurants in the world from NY to Paris to Prague. I still have my flight benefits. It every fine restaurant I have ever been to, they have told me up front when I could get a reservation (few hours, days or months). When they take our order they told me it may take hour or so, No problem I set back and drink wine, after a hour I would call the staff to check on the food. If it would be longer, they would tell me and has always came out when they said it should. Now if I called a waiter to check on my food and he sees me but does not come over, Then in 10 minutes later I call him again and he sees me but does nothing. I would get upset at this point. By you own analogy and prior posts it is OK for the waiter to act in this manner because it is the fineness restaurant in the area, and they are the only one that serve's that dish.
Remember their best and loyalist customers was at one time a first time customer! 99% of the con's was about not commutating with the customers by not answering phone calls or emails. I bet that if they would have told them it would be a year or more that would be OK for most of them. To say next week, next week, next month, over and over again does not cut it. If that nice lady on the phone say's that over and over again, but has no clue when the part is coming in, Than that is not acceptable at any point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back