• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

steamed squirrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to worry, Brits. I appreciate the advice.

What I really need is a good tree-climbing dog. :wink:

Spence

Thanks for the story old timer, it's much appreciated during these slow summer times....no spring season here in Michigan. :(

Great hunt and a well told story with supper too boot.

Great photo as well Sir.

Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

I forgot about the corn field raiders, and they eat mushrooms in the Spring. I once watched a fox squirrel eat a crawdad in a shallow branch, as I sat in a deer stand. No Spring season here in Indiana,and our Fall season opens August 15, every year.”¦...robin :hmm:

Deputy Dog said:
I forgot about the corn field raiders, and they eat mushrooms in the Spring.
Yes, I've seen them eating algae and fungi off the bark of trees. I keep a water dish out for them at home, it gets a growth of black algae in it, and they scrape it off with their teeth and eat it. They will also eat the bark of some trees.

Spence

Hey Spence, I know that you wrote that the Spring season is nearly passed. I thought of you today after listening to this weekend's forecast. Supposed to feel like a hundred and ninety or so :shocked2: , probably the same for you.

Be careful if you go out hunting them in that heat, you're liable to twist an ankle from the squacks piled up on the ground from heat exhaustion! :haha:

Best regards, Skychief. :hatsoff:

When I first saw the title to this thread, I thought maybe you shot at a squirrel and missed him, really upsetting him! :doh: :rotf:

No Deer said:
When I first saw the title to this thread, I thought maybe you shot at a squirrel and missed him....
Missed a squirrel? Now, there's a concept that's hard to get my head around. :haha:

Spence

In my youth I had a German Shepherd, Sarge, that was a great squirrel hunter. The few times I missed the dog would give the most hilarious looks :haha: He had a personality all right.

Once my Mom shot one and his look said exactly "OMG I didnt know she could shoot!"

Latest posts

Back