• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I used 3f today.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fired six shots and got five head of game.
Using a 12g I just loaded an ounce of mixed shot, shot I salvaged from old rotten cartridges someone gave me.
My usual method of thin cards and a blob of lube between them.
Using just 50gn of SNIA black silver from Italy the gun was going off like a fire cracker.
The ground is soaked, floods and running water everywhere after days of heavy rain. It was still raining when I went out but I'd had enough of looking out of the window!
The first bird was a runner but Jess soon had it pinned down.
Not a glorious photo, everything got wet during its containment!
View attachment 281874
Next I flushed a woodcock, I wanted one to go with one already at home. Now I can make a little meatloaf.
View attachment 281875
Then a little later after covering some ground Jess found some hen pheasants that made excellent birds but I'm not shooting them, they lay eggs!
I shot at a squirrel but it got away completely unscathed!
I worked some thick cover and a pheasant had let me walk past it but Jess got wind of it and pushed it up behind me.
Now it was only a 25yard shot but I had to swivel around and it was a big powerful bird doings it's best to resemble a ground to air missile!
The gun sounded like a fire cracker and the bird was dead in the air and promptly fell in a blackthorn thicket!
View attachment 281876
Jess got a downed squirrel that was still very much alive and silly soft mouthed Jess got bitten again!
View attachment 281878
She loves squirrel hunting.
View attachment 281883

Latest posts

Back