• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

queen anne sideplate screw

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackNet

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am making a side plate and screw for my Pedersoli Queen Anne. I was told that the screw is to big and wanted to check here to see what everyone has to say about it.

IMG_3150.JPG

sideplate-fabricated-screw.jpg

IMG_3100.JPG

It looks good to me but I did cut it down from it's original size.

The sideplate is nickel silver that I cut to fit. I mirror polished it then bead blasted it.

Ed

there's no space under the barrel for a screw to go completely thru the stock on the front sideplate.

The other option would be what? to make it smaller?

Ed

Ed, a lot of locks had a false screw in the front panel for just that reason. The front of the lock had a hook that held the front, but a false screw was still put there, because it looked right. The size of the screw in the back looks fine. Take this for what its worth but I would definately remove some more wood all over.

Bill

Yes indeed there is more wood to come off. The reason I have not is I destroyed the trigger guard (cheap cast) and I have another one on the way. I decided to hold off on any major sanding until the new one comes in, as there is alot of excess wood on the whole bottom.

IMG_3152.JPG

IMG_3158.JPG

Also when I put this new screw in the lock itself sits different than with the old screw (POS that is) This new one it is much better and the lock sits correctly.

I also have to replace the tang screw as well, or at least profile the head and reblue it.

the false screw for the sideplate. Could it be a regular wood screw or should it look like the main one on the sideplate?

Ed

Ed, You could use a wood screw, or drill, and tap the plate, and use a very short machine screw.

Bill

Back