• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli or ruger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct me if wrong but i ‘think’ the ROA is a 4 click hammer, and the RNA has a transfer bar.
Same with the Ruger Single Six 22, I have the New Model/transfer bar, although’New’ is academic. It was made in 1976.

The ROA is a 3 clicker. The 3 screw Blackhawk has 4 clicks and of course the NM has 3.

A valid point is that the ROA is not a repro of anything. It is simply a very nice BP revolver. That would mean something to me if I had the money to make that choice.

I can't correct you as I've never bothered to count clicks on my ROA, and it certainly does not have any kind of transfer bar, something that might work with a centre-fire revolver, but totally absent on a percussion revolver of any kind that I'VE ever seen.
You are right, I don’t know what I was thinking.

I had not known about the pre-warning (not that I cared - I got mine to shoot not for any value).

Not sure where you get .454 Conicals? JD that I got are .460. I am not going to be casting my own.

Mine likes Pyro P and put 5 in a half inch at 25 feet with 6 at 1.5 inches. I am working on where the guns pattern so I have a ref for 25 yards and not hit the target frame.

While we are talking ROA along with the Pedersoli, would anyone know what the numbers (or if its common) plated (best I can describe it, not etched) on the front of the cylinder face are?

My ROA has a 98 in sort of an plated down on it. Build was 1993 from the SN.

While we are talking ROA along with the Pedersoli, would anyone know what the numbers (or if its common) plated (best I can describe it, not etched) on the front of the cylinder face are?

My ROA has a 98 in sort of an plated down on it. Build was 1993 from the SN.
Possibly an assembly number .

Just to throw a monkey wrench into this, Midway had a killer sale on revolvers so I picked up this 5-1/2” Uberti in stainless.

Great quality, and I love how they hide the warnings under the barrel and keep the other markings to a minimum.

I also have the Howell .45 Colt cylinder, but that’s probably considered blasphemy around here… 😎

8C6B0141-B8B4-4E11-B35F-53F6AF4EEF0D.jpeg

Congratulations.

I don't think the Conversion Cylinder is blasphemy as much a puzzler. But that is me and others have a different take.

If I wanted to shoot a cartdige pistol (and I do) I would buy one in whatever caliber appealed to me (and the type of action I liked or wanted it in)

Shooting Black Powder revolvers (for me) is just totally different and I like that difference. It gets me out of the hard approach for accuracy in my target rifles and diverted into a different time and place.

It may sound odd but the problems are more interesting. Ok, this is what is going on, this is what I needed to do to fix it or work around it and once again I am impressed with how they managed it back in the day.

Congratulations.

I don't think the Conversion Cylinder is blasphemy as much a puzzler. But that is me and others have a different take.

If I wanted to shoot a cartdige pistol (and I do) I would buy one in whatever caliber appealed to me (and the type of action I liked or wanted it in)

Shooting Black Powder revolvers (for me) is just totally different and I like that difference. It gets me out of the hard approach for accuracy in my target rifles and diverted into a different time and place.

It may sound odd but the problems are more interesting. Ok, this is what is going on, this is what I needed to do to fix it or work around it and once again I am impressed with how they managed it back in the day.
I get it.

I am not much of a BP fan but I’ve always loved the looks of that Remington, plus I am a .45 Colt fan, so this seemed to be a good way to go.

And accuracy is still not a priority. 😎

Loading those big thunkers is fun, too.

BD53A0A0-DC86-4014-A6FB-AEC16414DCC6.jpeg

A 45LC Conversion Cylinder is my dream, but there’s nowhere to get one for my revolver.

Attachments

• DSCN9359.JPG
    DSCN9359.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Congratulations.

I'll try and help with the " puzzle" aspect.

That's exactly what I / others do/did !! I bought a couple of Dragoons, installed Kirst gated conversions in them. Made it to my specs and have 2 very accurate ( dedicated cartridge) revolvers that I want that isn't sold by any maker.
Same with all my other revolvers and another plus is . . . no paperwork involved . . . they're mine.

Shooting bp was fun for me for almost 30 yrs. When I wanted to "re-engage", local ordinances don't allow shooting out doors so indoor ranges are the ticket. Indoor ranges don't allow bp. So, to shoot my favorite revolvers, they have to be smokeless powered, so the "historic" approach is the "conversion". I / we are still "historically correct" . . . for the most part.
As far as accuracy, the most accurate revolvers I've ever owned or shot are the ones I have now. Cap guns, built to the same tolerances can be the same. I'm pretty sure "originals" were much more accurate than the reproductions we've had since the late '50's.

I can relate to some of that but having to fix the same thing over and over and over and over and . . . eventually gets old. I'm sure the originals DIDN'T have the problems that reproduction revolvers have ( for one, they were built correctly to begin with!!).
It's every bit as rewarding to go to a range, unload a couple of boxes of ammo (store bought or reloads), put holes in targets right where you wanted, using revolvers that you DON'T have to fix, shoot as well as any modern SA . . . and you can clean it when you "get around to it".

Mike

I have a chance to buy a Ruger new model army or the Pedersoli Remington Pattern Target Muzzleloading Pistol 44.
Both are pricey,however I don't mind paying for quality. Has anyone shot the Pedersoli and how did it compare to the ruger.?
Go with what 2 shots said; Ruger. By every measure, it's the best investment.

Back