• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Maple Kentucky pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was at the local gun shop and they had two pedersoli Kentucky pistols both in 50. The one you couldn’t give me it was just ugly as sin but the other one, the Maple is nice, really nice. I don’t own a pistol but would like to maybe consider one. Now I know pedersoli went up in price but they wanted $1000 for this one, I will say it’s brand new. I have a good understanding of long rifle values for the most part but the pistols I have no clue. For the guys that have em or shoot a pistol regularly would this be a good option or should I spend my shekels some were else. Im not a pedersoli fan not saying they don’t have good gun but they don’t catch my eye but this one did. Appreciate anyone’s thoughts

A picture would help, but doesn't a Pedersoli Kentucky Pistol sell for around $450-$475 new?
Not my photo but looks something like this, has the nicer maple stock

Attachments

• IMG_5912.jpeg
    IMG_5912.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
I guess it could be the wood. I am certainly not a pistol expert. I know Cabelas has the 45 flintlock for 479 and midway has the 45 for around 800 and the 50 for about 899 so I see they are up there.

I guess it could be the wood. I am certainly not a pistol expert. I know Cabelas has the 45 flintlock for 479 and midway has the 45 for around 800 and the 50 for about 899 so I see they are up there.
Yes they are definitely up there hahah if it’s a good gun and people like it then I don’t mind spending the money bc I know no matter what stuff expensive.

Unbelievable that they have $1,000 price tag on a Pedersoli pistol. Now Pedersoli did make select grades that were pricey, if it's in maple it could be one of those. I have a Pedersoli Kentucky flint pistol in .50, it's fun to shot but I rarely take it out. Had it for many years, doubt I paid more than $300 for it.

they make very good barrels. if its a delux model with extra engraveing and checkering??? my maple lepage with browned barrel was stupid expensive. $15.99 plus tax... put it over $17.00 that said I would not pay that much for a Kentucky pistol. they seem like clunkers to me and don't have the hooked breech attachment for easy cleaning. if you are a casual shooter and want a kentucky pistol get a Traditions for short money. they are good shooters. at least My Trapper is a good shooter. Trapper has the hooked breech and adjustable sight. Usually about $365. If 1k is in the budget look at the more plain Le page or charles moor?

Just bought a used Kentucky Pedersoli .54 flint with less than 50 shots through it for $350 this weekend. This came with the box, paperwork, extra flints and a really nice ramrod for the range.

Hope they used a quality soap and got a towel dry after you got hosed...

Last edited:
Back