• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

National Escargot Day is May 24 - Let's Shoot Some Snails

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NIce target deerstalkert!
got out my SMR .45 today was a good day for it.
someone in another forum was asking about Hal Sharon's barrels.
this is what a Sharon barrel does if the driver is buckled up!
I must confess to cheating though. my shooting bench turned out to be 27 yards from targets.
I seem to have missed last month's shoot so got it done early.
View attachment 317153

Printed May target. Plan to shoot it next week in Jacksonville. My regular range closed, lawsuit by the neighbors. Local DNR range closed for turkey season. Outdoor gun ranges in the low country are scarcer than hens teeth. As always, Thanks for giving us a monthly target!

Printed May target. Plan to shoot it next week in Jacksonville. My regular range closed, lawsuit by the neighbors. Local DNR range closed for turkey season. Outdoor gun ranges in the low country are scarcer than hens teeth. As always, Thanks for giving us a monthly target!
personally, i'd prefer hunting banana slugs... they ain't got no big honkin' shell to aim at. they maintain a low profile.

Good luck at the Jacksonville shoot Quin!

I got out to shoot last Friday. It's a gorgeous time to be in the desert!

If i scored it right I'm looking at 30 with a new 1851 Pietta shooting 454 homecast balls, 25 grains of Graff 3f, and some old Winchester magnum BP primers. Not a bad day...

I hope to get out this week or the next to shoot my rifle...

John
1000007712.jpg
1000007711.jpg

Put me down for 35. Kibler SMR .45 off hand. I shot much better this month than last. Last time I kept shooting low from not following through. I threw a couple to the right but none really low which made me happy.
I had intended to shoot my .54 off a rest but it started raining.

Thanks for keeping this thread going. It gives me an incentive to shoot my rifles.

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpeg
    IMG_0200.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0079.jpeg
    IMG_0079.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I got out to shoot last Friday. It's a gorgeous time to be in the desert!

If i scored it right I'm looking at 30 with a new 1851 Pietta shooting 454 homecast balls, 25 grains of Graff 3f, and some old Winchester magnum BP primers. Not a bad day...

I hope to get out this week or the next to shoot my rifle...

John
View attachment 317891View attachment 317892
John - if you look again that lower shot is out of the black 10 ring so it scores a 5:thumb:

John - if you look again that lower shot is out of the black 10 ring so it scores a 5:thumb:
You are absolutely right. I was counting the entire shell. I'm at 25, and can't figure out how to update my original post...

Last edited:
Back