• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock vs Percussion ends Sept. 30, 2011

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul,

I received your target, just had a busy weekend, I'll update when I get home Sat ...

The rest of you gotta get shootin' an stampin' ... Me too!

Jethro, shot my flint target today,will get it in the mail in the morning. Not the best but sure was fun :hatsoff:

Jethro,
Went to the range today to shoot my flint target, no so. There was a NS skirmish going on this weekend and I probably won't have time to get back out. Sorry to say, you might as well scratch me this time. I will try again on the next match.
Mark

Well, if ya do get back out to the range go on and send 'er in. I won't scratch yer name off until time is up. Ya never know.

No not too late Brian, WELCOME!

Here is the list:

Team Percussion Cap

1. Captain: 123.DieselBenz
2. makeumsmoke
3. hanshi
4. Grey Whiskers
5. Vtsmoker
6. Buford
7. luie b
8. PaulN/KS - Target in!
9. Mike Brines - Target in!
10. Papa - Target in!
11. Many Klatch
12. Buripty - Target in!
13. Maven - Target in!
14. Otter
15. tiger955 - Target in!
16. DHFHades - Target in!
17. Danscottgerm
18. BrianL

The targets have to RECEIVED by the end of the month, not postmarked . . . I still need to do mine . . . of course I don't need to rely on the postal system to deliver it! :rotf: :blah:

Hope to shoot mine tomorrow after the doctor's appointment........................watch yer top knot......................

I went out and shot this morning, not real happy with the results . . . but just incase I don't get a chance to go out next weekend . . . at least I have a target :redface:

For those of you who think your target is embarrassing . . . don't worry . . . most people tend to shoot better when their typing, than at the range!

Here is the best I shot today . . . be it as it may . . . :idunno:
9-18-11.jpg

Not sure why I couldn't shoot like this today:
12-12-103.jpg

I shot 6 targets . . . just wasn't my day, O'well, maybe better next weekend!

Diesel,
Those "do-overs" are a lot like hindsight, 20/20 and right on. That's some tight shooting.
Mark

Quick question, isn't the target supposed to be a blank sheet of copy paper with an 'X' or can a bull's eye be present? I could not find any more info other than that in the thread.Getting ready to go shoot.

We don't get real particular as to aiming points. A standard sheet of printer paper is the target and an X drawn thru the center determines the center of the paper. If you add a dot, circle, post-it note, or whatever, it's OK.

Team Flint

Capt., Jethro224 target in
skunkskinner target in
makeumsmoke
hanshi
Lonegun1894
T.O. target in
Roy
armakiller
RC target in
PaulN/KS
Hockeyref
Papa
Many Klatch target in
Maven target in
caddo
Pete D.
Swampy
Otter
Skychief target in
Danscottgerm
grzrob
flash1969
chance target in

The rest of y'all best get to shootin' and send them targets in! Targets must be RECEIVED by Sept. 30 to qualify!

Shot the flint this afternoon after work.In the mail tomorrow. Not my best shootn', sorry team. :(

(Got out shot by myself using the cap lock... :redface: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Back