• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock vs Percussion ends Sept. 30, 2011

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was trying to sight in my "Buffalo rifle" Saturday and found the front sight is way too tall. I stuck a tack at the very top edge of my target paper for an aiming point and shot at that. I was surprised how good a group I shot off hand with that heavy trigger so I sent it in. :idunno:

Second range trip shooting the flint today...this is kicking my back side..have not shot one target I'm proud of.. :idunno:
Thank god we got till the end of Sept.
Laid the rifle on a rest and their touching so its all me. :cursing:
For those that off hand shoot with a flinter ..you have my respect. :bow:

..end of sniffling!

So..... I planned a "range day" this afternoon for my two girls and myself....
I gathered up my rock lock, the unmentionable gun, my basket of BP range stuff, a couple .22rf's for my daughters, my older daughters shotgun, my clay bird thrower, the bunch of other range specific goodies targets, the paper for the cap smackers vs rock crushers shoot, and the alien that was gonna get punctured..... Life was good.

We get to the range and unload. I get the girls set up to punch paper and then hang my own paper up. Get back to the line and get the girls shooting and then turn my attention to my GPR rock lock, "Patience"..... It was at this point that I realized that I was missing a most important piece of Kit.... I left my bag at home..... I had lube and balls in the range basket, had 3F and 4f jugs of powder, even had a cheapie plastic short starter.... BUT NO PATCHES IR OWDER MEASURE IN SIGHT! :shocked2: :shake: :( SOOO the girls shot and I watched. Then we went to the trap range and flung clay birdies. Fun day for all, but them cap smackers and the aliens got a reprieve for a few days... OR I could rush the target frame and bury a tomahawk in the middle of it. :idunno:

Team Percussion Cap

1. Captain: 123.DieselBenz
2. makeumsmoke
3. hanshi
4. Grey Whiskers
5. Vtsmoker
6. Buford
7. luie b
8. PaulN/KS
9. Mike Brines - Target in!
10. Papa
11. Many Klatch
12. Buripty - Target in!
13. Maven - Target in!
14. Otter
15. tiger955 - Target in!
16. DHFHades
17. Danscottgerm

I still need to shoot mine . . . this weekend was/is "install new HEAVY safe weekend" . . . my weekends start on Sat about noon, and I leave again on Sun mid-afternoon . . . at least I don't need to worry about the mail delivery time on mine! :rotf:

Team Percussion Cap

1. Captain: 123.DieselBenz
2. makeumsmoke
3. hanshi
4. Grey Whiskers
5. Vtsmoker
6. Buford
7. luie b
8. PaulN/KS
9. Mike Brines - Target in!
10. Papa - Target in!
11. Many Klatch
Buripty - Target in!
13. Maven - Target in!
14. Otter
15. tiger955 - Target in!
16. DHFHades
17. Danscottgerm

I got home early last night, and Papa's target is in . . . you rock smashers got lots to worry about!

Team Flint

Capt., Jethro224
skunkskinner
makeumsmoke
hanshi
Lonegun1894
T.O.
Roy
armakiller
RC
PaulN/KS
Hockeyref
Papa
Many Klatch
Maven
caddo
Pete D.
Swampy
Otter
Skychief
Danscottgerm
grzrob
flash1969
chance

We have several but I'm keepin' it top secret as to who has sent their targets in. :blah:
(actually I have not been to the P.O. for several days... there is probably some waitin' there. 3 in-hand + ? in P.O. box. :idunno: will update later.)

they don't let...............I mean.. jethro don't get out much.......its a long story... :idunno:

Jethro
I shot your target this morning. It will be in the mail in the morning. I havent had much time lately so I shot the alien target today also. Go Team Flintlock!

Team Flint

Capt., Jethro224 target in
skunkskinner target in
makeumsmoke
hanshi
Lonegun1894
T.O.
Roy
armakiller
RC
PaulN/KS
Hockeyref
Papa
Many Klatch target in
Maven target in
caddo
Pete D.
Swampy
Otter
Skychief
Danscottgerm
grzrob
flash1969
chance

I sent my cap lock target last week. Got interrupted by an alien attack and didn't shoot flint yet...maybe today.

Shot my target today. Not the best in th world but had alot of fun. Will mail tommorrow.This sure is getting me ready for deer season!!

Got here today. :thumbsup: Funny thing too, your postmark is the oldest one of the bunch. :hmm: Maybe them aliens was scannin' and probin' it...

Team Flint

Capt., Jethro224 target in
skunkskinner target in
makeumsmoke
hanshi
Lonegun1894
T.O.
Roy
armakiller
RC
PaulN/KS
Hockeyref
Papa
Many Klatch target in
Maven target in
caddo
Pete D.
Swampy
Otter
Skychief target in
Danscottgerm
grzrob
flash1969
chance

I'm leaving in the morning for Friendship, IN and won't be back until Friday night. Just so ya all know, the aliens ain't got me.

Back