• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

August Postal Match Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum and the postal match! This is just for fun, so print and post your target on 8.5 x 11” paper and shoot it offhand at 25 yds. Score per instructions and write your data on the target as shown in J dirt’s target (nice shooting J dirt - so far you have the best target).

I’m not collecting any targets in the mail - just scan it (preferred method) and/or take a picture of it with your rifle and post them in the thread.

Just trying to offer some fun targets so we can shoot them and see how we did compared to the other shooters! I like to see what type of rifle, load data, etc everyone is using.

In the future, if time permits, I might get more organized and make this a more formal contest, but just don’t have the time now and I am trying to pick up the slack for Chris, who used to run these matches but had to take a break.

Look forward to having you in the group!

Gary

Just back after a year or so away. Shot my August target. How do I attach / insert the photo of it. I’ve obviously forgotten.
Robert

Attachments

• 738772B6-DECC-4C2A-BAE8-E7E868E32704.jpeg
    738772B6-DECC-4C2A-BAE8-E7E868E32704.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • AEFF5265-68DB-48E7-9F6C-D8CCA0AD5F44.jpeg
    AEFF5265-68DB-48E7-9F6C-D8CCA0AD5F44.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Just back after a year or so away. Shot my August target. How do I attach / insert the photo of it. I’ve obviously forgotten.
Robert
Thanks for posting your target!

I‘m down with Covid right now, not feeling too bad but I don’t think I am going to get out to shoot this target before September😫

I’m working on a target for September to post next week. I will tally the scores for this month and post them next week to see who gets bragging rights for August!

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment. However I did spend the morning shooting a variety of balls and powder charges before I worked up the courage to have a go at the target !!

shot mine today. celebrating my young wifes 70th birthday!
shot with my hand built TMR .45 with .015 patched .445 rb over 60g ffg. took the three lower slices to figure out where the sight needed to be. need to file a bit i think.

Attachments

• 20220828_122616.jpg
    20220828_122616.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220828_123718.jpg
    20220828_123718.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
Looks like you had a nice sunny day to shoot - well done and that's a nice looking rifle! Thanks for sharing the details.

Check back in a few days and I will post results for August and a new target for September.

Gary

Thanks Deerstalker - I will keep doing this as long as folks enjoy it! I know I enjoy getting out with my buddies to shoot the targets every month!

And a Happy Birthday to your bride! My bride also turned 70 in June - my how time flies!

Finally got around to shooting the monthly target. It’s been a while since I had a chance to shoot it.

Attachments

• 379F294F-EBCB-4867-B07A-D40F83BDB012.jpeg
    379F294F-EBCB-4867-B07A-D40F83BDB012.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Looks like results for August are final and here are the results:

1. Richard Dittman - 23 pts
2. J dirt - 22 pts
3. nessmuk - 16 pts
4. Maven - 15 pts
5. deerstalkert - 14 pts
6. Robert Irvine - 12 pts
7. 11th Corps - 11 pts
8. Cherrybow - 8 pts

Wish I could hav e gone out to shoot this month but things kept getting in the way! September target going to post now.

Gary

thank you, Gary, for the effort to do this!
I can't believe i placed 5th!
i have only ever placed 5th in a shoot if there were only 5 shooters! going to print Sept. target now! still have a whole month to place dead last!
Woo Hoo! Congratulations deerstalkert - that’s why I like those kinds of matches - everyone has a good time shooting them and you just never know where you will end up! Hope you enjoy the mushrooms!
Gary

I know I am way past the deadline (now Sept 5th) and I am brand new to this forum, but I just got my rifle up and running Saturday and I have never done a postal shoot before so I did the August postal shoot today and I wanted to show my target anyway. The bottom hole taped up was from another guy I let shoot my rifle and told him to shoot at a different target, but he didn't. Gary thanks for doing this I look forward to doing them in the future.

Attachments

• 2022-8 Postal Shoot.jpg
    2022-8 Postal Shoot.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 0
I know I am way past the deadline (now Sept 5th) and I am brand new to this forum, but I just got my rifle up and running Saturday and I have never done a postal shoot before so I did the August postal shoot today and I wanted to show my target anyway. The bottom hole taped up was from another guy I let shoot my rifle and told him to shoot at a different target, but he didn't. Gary thanks for doing this I look forward to doing them in the future.
It’s all in fun and thanks for posting! Now you need to go shoot some mushrooms for September!

It’s all in fun and thanks for posting! Now you need to go shoot some mushrooms for September!
I downloaded the September mushrooms and will shoot it the next time I go to the range. The August one was a fun one to do. I have talked with a couple of friends and told them about the forum and the postal shoot, etc, etc. and they said they are going to join the forum.

Latest posts

Back