• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

August Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attached is my score of 35. Shot with 32 cal crocket is just built. Powder is 15 gr of 2f. Ball is .310 and patch is .15. Used moose milk for lube. Fun shoot may take some other guns up to shoot and miss a few peaches.

Attachments

• 20230803_132037.jpg
    20230803_132037.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I wouldn’t be able to see it at 25 yds at that scale, good shooting really
There was a few shots that I shot where I thought the peach was. You can tell those by the ones that are not even close to the peach. It was fun though. I will give it another go next week with a correct target.

View attachment 243090Well I took the new trapper pistol out to shoot it in. Had 5 caps left at the end. Range was 50yrds off the bench. .50 cal .490 ball with pillow ticking 35gr 3f powder 3 in the stems one high one low I was happy. Need to drop the sights a little.
You can shoot pistols at 15 yards OH or bench - don't make it more difficult! :thumb:

I'm seriously thinking about doing the postal shoot this month,I'm going to be a wimp and shoot from rest,my dang left shoulder is giving me fits, This getting old manure isn't much fun but it does beat the alternative I guess!!
Look forward to having you join us - it's all about having fun! Mark your target as Benchrest

just shot the peaches with the last 10 of my .30 balls.
time to find a mold or order some more. funky wind started up about half way through the shooting. that's my story and i am sticking to it! score of 55 i think.
used .30 rb
.005 patch lubed with 50/50 bear grease and bees wax.
25 gr of fffg swiss with 4f prime.
oh yeah! i forgot i was wearing my readers and was shocked to discover sights on the rifle! sorta made it easier to sight!😂
old timers moment, I forgot to say that i was shooting off a bench with elbows braced on the bench. my stander uppers don't work very well no more.
20230808_161333.jpg

Last edited:
just shot the peaches with the last 10 of my .30 balls.
time to find a mold or order some more. funky wind started up about half way through the shooting. that's my story and i am sticking to it! score of 55 i think.
used .30 rb
.005 patch lubed with 50/50 bear grease and bees wax.
25 gr of fffg swiss with 4f prime.
oh yeah! i forgot i was wearing my readers and was shocked to discover sights on the rifle! sorta made it easier to sight!😂
View attachment 243444
Thanks for posting deerstalkert!

Back