• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

zouave rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whereabouts might you be located? So often I look at the topic and gloss over the poster's handle. You in Fairfax, VA and were you in subs? If so, shoot at the IWLA in Centreville? Ex-bubblehead here, myself.

hey, i don't shoot at the iwl in centerville but i work in fairfax 4 days outa the week lol. i shot the gun again today. for some reason the ignition was slightly slower than i remember but im not sure what caused it. pulled the nipple and patched any oil out then installed the nipple again and nipple picked and such but the shooting was good today. not as good as yesterday but i accept it. i shot a 5 shot group in 4 inches. the group was level 100 percent with eachother (horizontal string. look like i got a 58 caliber hole punch and punched a hole every 3/4 inch lol. still shooting 60 gr fffg. man was it hot today. see i don't know if theres a science behind what mighta created the horizontal string. i have a feeling it was me though but it was storming. i still think it was me though.

Now I see you are out of Leesburg. Member of the IWLA out there? If not, you might want to join up. Haven't been out to their place, myself, but would like to check them out. I think all Ikes have reciprocity.

I can remember shooting my Zouave with Crisco in the base (this was like 1973 so give me a break) and it would really start slowing the ignition down until I quit doing that. I was mid-summer and about like the weather these last few days. Those lubes can get runny when you combine the heat with a hot barrel. I was using 65 grains and a 505 grain Minie. Man, that thing bruised my bicep big time! I'm thinking full service loads aren't really required.

"I think all Ikes have reciprocity." That applies to the facilities EXCEPT the ranges. You must be a member of that chapter to use the range. I have been a member of the Winchester chapter for nearly 30 years.

used to belong to the jefferson county wv chapter. gave it up when i became soooooo poor i couldnt afford the 200 dollars to keep it up or whatever it cost at the time. bad break

Back