• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your gun's name?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I were to name a gun, which I don't, I guess it would have to be "Ole Smokey".

My Mowrey is called Buggy Axle. My daddy named it the day I showed it to him. Said the barrel was as big as a buggy axle.

I have a 90+ year old 16 ga side by side shotgun that was named "lucy" by the previous owner, because she was used so hard everything was loose, and she rattled when you handled her.

smokin .50 said:
My 12 gauge pump is called "Green-Stamps", because the wife bought the thing for me as a gift almost 27 years ago using S&H Greenstamps, out of a mail-order catalog. :haha:

Gadd's! Dave you just dated yourself! :grin:
I remember those, my sister used them to get me a hunting/sheath knife about 40 years ago! Still have it and carry it in the field, darn good solgien german steel w/antler; it's about the best 6" blade I own.
Wow, off topic, but that's ablast from the past!

I usually use the name the maufatruer put on it, but like others have said before me some names I cant put in the forum.

John

Back then mail-order meant "Made in America"! Betcha your knife is mighty fine from the sounds of it! :thumbsup:

And I said only 27, not 40 years, so that's "tha black Kat callin the kettle black!" :rotf: :haha:

Dave

I hate to admit that I have used green stamps too. I guess one has to be an old fart to have used those.

:hmm: S&H Green stamps were green. Top Value stamps were yellow....
character00321.gif
jaded1-2.gif

I miss my Sharps in the same caliber. I got talked into selling it 21 years ago and STILL kick myself daily. I called that one "Big Thunder". The smokeless loads were mild even at higher velocity but the full house BP loads kicked like heck and the report used to raise guys hair all down the line.

-Ray

I call my Sharps "Bertha". Haven't named my 1863 Springfield yet, but I do call my Traditions PA flintlock a bunch of things I can't repeat here.

I have two "named" guns. 1. The target rifle & 2. the pedroseli . These names seperate them from the other rifles and shotguns/smoothbores.

I call them by either the model or the Builder's name. My .45 FL Virginia Rifle is "Virginia"
My other guns are just the name. My Steven Zihn .62 FL is "The Zihn Rifle" , but a pistol I bought from him is marker, "Bekker" it's a .58 Big bore pistol that kicks like a .44 Magnum. It's just the "Bekker Pistol".

I named only two of my rifles:

The Early Virginia is named after the maker "Jack Garner"

The Southern Mountain rifles is "Sonny Boy"

My 54 flinter's name is "knocks um stiff"
pretty reliable at making meat.(dear & elk)
not to mention steel targets :rotf:

Tradegunner

Back