• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your gun's name?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bretwalda

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I was just curious :hmm: if you "named" your guns or perhaps just your favorite one(s)? :idunno: If so what name have you given it? :hatsoff:

I have "ZERO" problems with those that chose to name thier guns :v , however ANY that I cary becomes a part of me at that time and I already have a name-Jim-.. :thumbsup: Soos I guess if I were to give them a name it would be "Jims gun". :idunno: :grin: :thumbsup:

Most of the time they're all called by the generic title of "gun" but when they don't perform, then they've got a whole lot of names that I won't go into detail on. You get the idea? When they're being built, none of my guns even have the generic "gun" because the "other names" are more appropriate. I reserve personal names for people not inanimate creations of metal and wood, but to each his/her own....Fred

I will not name one of my guns until I take game with it. I named my 50cal. Flinter "Dixie Darling".

.36 "Liberty's Fist"

.50 "Reveille"

My .58 Virginia hasn't earned a name yet.

.50 t/c flintlock= Jezabell, I think that name says it all.
.45 cva caplock= Ruby, not quite a diamond but she shoots like a gem. :v
nothing else has earned a name yet!

NWT 62: Bertha

named after my Aunt Bertha who was big and loud.

WB

"Echo"
.54 GM custom Hawkin.
We heard one time the distinct sound of the sonic "crack" come back, and a guy said;
"Wow, that thing's got an "Echo"!"

my 58, tex mule, my 50 black cub. i think if you give some thing a name, it will treat you better, ok so i'm a little out their, my knifes, tools and yes even my vechl's have all had names.

A favorite uncle gave me a .58Cal Armi Jaeger Zouve out of the blue one day-- he said he didn't use it and he knew I did BP so it's mine. Now I have it mounted above the dining room table with a sword bayonet, and a powder flask with a brass nameplate "BOB" thats cause thats who gave it to me. I have used it a couple of times in Civ war reenacting when I knew he was going to be a spectator. Other wise it stays on it's mounts except for polishing the wood and brass.
I have about 14 pistols and a couple of other longguns but this is the only one wh deserves a name so far.

:shocked2: :redface: i meant to type 58 rem, not just 58, i hope bob treats you well. :thumbsup:

I named my flinter "The General" after my American History teacher in high school. He re-enacted the Rocky Mountain fur trade, loved muzzleloading, and was about as lenient as General Patton - hence the nickname "The General." I went to a private school, which could get away with a lot more than public schools (this was in the late 1990's). So for one of our history projects, we had to build something (mostly) period correct for the first half of the 19th century. He let us build all kinds of stuff: some of the guys built muzzle-loader kits (I tried to make a stone ax, as well as a bowie knife from a kit - should have built a gun). We had to bring them to school to get graded. It was really pretty cool.

He actually brought lots of different guns to show - all the way from flinters to a Henry to a BAR. I didn't really start shooting muzzleloaders until a few years after high school, but it still seemed appropriate to name my rifle in his honor.

Never thought about it actually,but now that you mention it :hmm: guess I should call it "FUN" cause I sure am havin alota that with it.

Both home built:

-50 cal. flintlock = "Ole Thunder". My dad heard me shoot a 500 lb. blackie when he was 2 miles away. He said the valley just kinda rumbled like thunder when I shot.

-45 cal. flintlock Southern = "Good medicine". A friend helped name that one (got some Indian blood in him) after I described how it shot, etc..

I tend to shoot my rifles fairly well and they dont have names.
On the other hand, I have this 62 rocklock trade gun that I dont shoot worth squat. This one has a name......
...The Humiliator.

I dubbed my first flintlock 'Stomper' after killing my first deer with it this Fall. Yep, the old doe gave the classic whitetail stomp for her last time before I shot.

Most of my guns have been called S.O.B. from time to time, but I don't think that's what your after! :hmm:

Back