• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Yorktown 2006

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else going to the Yorktown reenactment this weekend? Mrs Coot has been doing a baking demo in Williamsburg & says folks are already showing up.

A lot of my friends with the 2nd SC regt are there, but I have to work this weekend. Grrrr!

CS

I'll be there with Major Timpany's Co. of the New Jersey Volunteers. I am starting to pack now leaving tommorrow afternoon.

Most of the car is loaded, I just have to put in the Pipes and I'm off tomorrow morning, Highland Company of the Queen's Rangers, Ontario, Canada.

Well you missed a good one. Lots of wind on Friday & a number of tents went down. 1200 reenactors preregistered & they planned for 1400. By 4pm Friday, 1600 had shown up & more came in thru the night & Sat. am. We are guessing that over 2000 were there but may get a better head count later. Sat was good weather & the dusk reenactment of Albercrombie's foray must have had over 20 cannon and 600 muskets firing for an hour into the gathering darkness. I may never see anything like it again. Then with all the camp kitchens (or almost all) going at dinner, a large catering truck drives into the allied encampment & asks directions to the French camp. I guess that some things never change! Sunday saw the Parley & Surrender in a light rain. Just got home with wet canvas but had to share the catering story.

Yes, it sure was worth the drive down. The Saturday afternoon battle at Endview plantation was huge with constant musket fire for an hour.

The British were inspected before the evening action by the British Attache to United States, he is a Major General and a Scot, I got a wink & a nod while in Highland Kit.

I stopped ovenight in Gettysburg on the way home, another worthwhile activity.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I thought some of you might like to look at some photos:

I'm not sure if I posted a link to these photos already...
Yorktown photos

I just saw these for the first time... some of my friends in Kellar's Company of the Illinois Rgt. have a lot of excellent photos posted on their website: Kellar's Company Gallery (Click on the Yorktown icon.)
:hatsoff:

Maestro,

Thanks for the pictures. Makes me feel good when I see some guys that look even older that me. Someitmes I have a time trying to convince myself I should be doing this stuff at my age.

Don R

Back