• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Yay..........or Nay?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
582274_391245724230932_369187956436709_1331818_667693208_n.jpg

318170_391247454230759_369187956436709_1331833_527354973_n.jpg

A "Little Different".

Chambers Pennsylvania Fowler.

Headhunter

Well its your gun, you only need to please yourself.....Personally, I think I'd rather like to see an Ivory inlay in the shape of an arrowhead than a carving like that but thats me. :v

Head Hunter, as others have said, no question it's your ML and bottom line is you should build it as you please...I have mine the way "I" want them, and really don't care what others think about them...LOL.
And to provide feedback about the arrow head as you requested:

1) I think the carving that created the arrowhead is a terrific piece of craftsmanship;

2) I was immediately struck by the fact that it "was on backwards"...just seemed to me if it was going to be there it should point forward;

3) I didn't think it looked as good as it could the way the end of the arrow head seems to be sitting on top of the taper from the tang;

4) It may well have been the plan for #3 to look that way, resulting in #2 (pointing rearward)...but bottom line, my impression was I struggled with it's direction when I saw it;

5) Since its already there, if it was me and I was going to tweak anything, 'personally' I'd try to taper off the little butt end of the arrow head or do something so there was clear separation between the taper coming back down from the tang, and not have it run into a step up on the butt of the arrow head.

I applaud your creativity, 'thinking outside the box'
:hatsoff:

HH,
NAY. looks okay but also looks like it's going to eat up your thumb on recoil. Go with an arrow head inly.
Mark

It is your gun do what you will. If it were me I wouldn't, but if someone insisted on it, I would find a place where it might be a better fit. like at the end of the entry pipe. the narrow stem off the pipe could look like the end of an arrow where it would normally be affixed. Just a thought.
Robby

It's really nice, HeadHunt. But..I dunno...IMHO they just don't look right for each other.

Now that you have it on the Rifle, what's your Gut feeing? After all, that's what counts...

Eric

Nice work and very original. That being said I think I'd have to pass. :td: A nice inlay with you initials perhaps? :hmm:

It's your gun; do what you want to! :thumbsup:

I am also trying to be nice to everyone as at the end of summer I will likely post pics of my first build (type D) and I am trying to reduce the revenge factor! :wink: :v

TinStar

Back