• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wormsloe Colonial Faire and Muster - anyone going?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asher

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy, our family plans to participate in the Wormsloe Colonial Faire and Muster this coming weekend in Savannah, wanted to see if any of y'all planned to be there. Specifically wondering if any ladies will be in attendance, my wife is fairly new to living history, and has just about completed her "kit," but it would be wonderful if she could collaborate with some other ladies on activities around the camp, to get some experience. We've got an 11 mo old too (yep, he'll be in period attire!) so any ideas for period camp life for him would be helpful.

Asher said:
Howdy, our family plans to participate in the Wormsloe Colonial Faire and Muster this coming weekend in Savannah, wanted to see if any of y'all planned to be there. Specifically wondering if any ladies will be in attendance, my wife is fairly new to living history, and has just about completed her "kit," but it would be wonderful if she could collaborate with some other ladies on activities around the camp, to get some experience. We've got an 11 mo old too (yep, he'll be in period attire!) so any ideas for period camp life for him would be helpful.

Yes, my family will be there. As for your wife, there will be ladies attending as well. My wife does candle-making and my son will be making "Jerk" in the Colonial Life area. Camp life for her can be as simple as she wants it to be. Keeping an eye on your son..lol...would be one. Cooking something, maybe hand sewing a shirt or something for you or herself. One of our friends wives plays music, one of them weaves baskets and brooms. Some of them just hang out and enjoy the atmosphere.
Last year there were a few sulters there that had just about everything you could want or need. If you still need something for her outfit, Wormsloe has stuff you can sign for at the front office to use. It will be the first building on your right when you come through the gate. Anything from shirts, pants to plates and cups.
What day do you plan on getting there? Friday is "School Day" where some schools come there for a field trip. Wish I could attach a file to this, I have a flyer for the events this weekend.

Glad to know we won't be lonely out there! We have the flyer already, Ron Shepherd passed it on to us. We joined the Georgia Rangers group as the first of a branch of militia they want to start. Not sure if it'll take off or not. Thanks for the tip on the loaner equipment, we'll have to keep that in mind as a back up. My wife has made everything except her apron, but that shouldn't take long at all. I have to work tomorrow, so we won't be getting to Wormsloe until first thing Saturday morning. We've got a hotel for Friday and Saturday night in Savannah. I know, I'm not normally one of "those" reenactors, but with an 11 mo old, it sure makes things easier! We'll set up full camp one of these days once we get our feet wet as a family. I've done plenty of living history before, but Hannah (my wife) is new to it. I just bought a big block of wax for candle-making, that was a big hit as a hands-on activity for kids at one of the colonial events I did a few years back. We were hoping there wouldn't be any legalities or anything to worry about with that, did y'all have to get any special permissions? Hannah also is bringing some of her sewing to do (finishing another infant frock for our boy). I'm bringing the equipment to mold bullets and make fake paper cartridges (I understand that Wormsloe will provide any real cartridges for demonstrations, correct?).

How old are your kids that will be attending? Look forward to meeting y'all! :hatsoff:

I dont know about that one. Usually we just demonstrate for the public. There are some forms you do have to fill out, mainly just waivers and such. Usually they do provide the cartridges for the musket demos, I dont know if they will be doing so for this weekend though. Last year there was 3 or 4 units there from as far away as Virginia and Pennsylvania. As far as staying in a hotel, thats no big deal. I had to get a camper since I found out that as long as momma and the kid are happy, I get to stay in the woods longer. We will be tent camping this weekend though and my son is 15.

Sounds like a neat event, and I can't wait for the vendors. I need an accurate .62 cal bullet mold and a pick and whisk. Also need a flash guard.

Back