• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wormsloe Colonial Faire and Muster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asher

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Thought I'd post a few pictures from the reenactment this weekend...

One of the cannons from our unit, the Georgia Rangers (at this event, falling in with the 2nd GA Artillery, Rev War)
IMAG0139.jpg

My wife and son. The little boy had the time of his life playing in the dirt and leaves around the camp, and the period-correct attire my wife made for him got him more attention than any other character in our camp!
IMAG0134.jpg

Outside the small colonial house on the grounds.
IMAG0130.jpg

Cool pics :thumbsup: Thanks for posting. The little man is getting raised right I see :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

There's nothing better than being able to have a hobby that is enjoyed by the whole family, especially with the young one who is the future of this avocation that we all follow. :hatsoff:

wattlebuster said:
Cool pics :thumbsup: Thanks for posting. The little man is getting raised right I see :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

I agree!! Thanks for posting those superb photos :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks folks! It is a blessing to be able to do this as a family. We plan to homeschool, as my wife and I were both homeschooled, and what better way to teach history, not just to our own kids but to others. It's also a valuable teaching tool in bringing out our Christian heritage, and the strong faith of our forefathers. We are a nation blessed by God, and a nation so blessed who casts off her godly heritage will have a demise all the more severe.

orion52 said:
There's nothing better than being able to have a hobby that is enjoyed by the whole family, especially with the young one who is the future of this avocation that we all follow. :hatsoff:
AMEN.

"One of the cannons from our unit"

How many cannons does the Georgia Rangers have?, he asks with bated breath.

trent/OH said:
"One of the cannons from our unit"

How many cannons does the Georgia Rangers have?, he asks with bated breath.

Don't tell em' Asher. He may be a spy........... :shocked2: :haha:

Looks like a great time was had by all. Thanks for posting the pics. :thumbsup:

Trent, the group had four different ones out there, some are privately owned by one of the guys and some are the collective property of the group, I think (I'm new to the unit). The group that owns them is actually the 2nd Georgia Artillery, the Georgia Rangers just usually tag along with them to man the guns. They had a six pounder, a three pounder, a one pounder, and a short mortar on a carriage, if I remember right.

Looks like you're back in my old stomping grounds, we just moved from Huber Heights to Alabama last October. I never made it to the Faire at New Boston, I wish I would have!

My flinter is a 20 gauge fusil made by Jackie Brown, I actually bought it off of this forum just last October. Early English L&R lock, octagon-to-round barrel, browned, and a dark brown walnut stock if I remember right. I haven't tried firing real live rounds out of her yet (tried some very undersized PRB, but not a proper .60 yet).

On the other matter, tinstar, I think living history is a great platform to point people back to the God Who brought our country through so much. Veritas Vincit!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Aaaand you are really blessed in your country!

Silex

Was nice to meet you and your family! This year it wasn't as big as it has been in the last couple of years.

It was nice to meet you too! Yes, it did seem rather unattended, but was fun nonetheless. I wish it got some better publicity, it's an awesome venue.

Back