• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

wool blanket find

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up a nice wool blanket at a thrift store for 2 bucks. It is grey with 3 vertical blue strips and the tag on it says N85 made in Australia 1944.

Looks close enough to pass for trekking etc. Appears to be Australian military.

I actually went to their website to take a look and could not find one single wool blanket.

Alden, I totally agree with you. I have regretted almost everything I have ever bought from them.

Even If they had blankets they couldn't beat the 2 bucks I paid., shipping would be more than that.

I have wool blankets coming out of my ears, but I couldn't pass up the price.

colorado clyde said:
I have wool blankets coming out of my ears, but I couldn't pass up the price.

What are you talking about? Everyone needs a large full tote of wool blankets + the one on the back of the love seat, and the two with my camping gear, :redface: Oh, and one in each vehicle. :idunno: now the Alpaca poncho & the blanket wool poncho don't count, right? Because they are outerwear....unless the wife is saying I have too many coats....Then I count them as blankets :wink:

I resent the institutionalized rape of ignorant buyers they perpetrated during the runs on guns and ammo since Nov. 2008. They are unscrupulous purveyors, greedy men without morals, not even shame, catching desparate, stupid, people in their popular internet web(site) and sucking their blood.

Alden I love your post. I do feel sorry for you and your gritaphobia, but can overlook that. I have never had any truck with 'cheaper then dirt' so have nothing to say for or aganst them.
I do however enjoy your retoric. I can just see Spencer Tracy or James Stewart dilvering those lines :hatsoff:

"Alden" hates Cheaper Than Dirt because they are in TEXAS. ===> Typical DY attitude.

Fyi, I've bought guns/ammo/parts/etc. from CTD for years W/O a problem. = They are one of the few places that I can get .300Sav ammo from W/O being robbed.
(NEVER trust a person's taste/judgment who hates grits.)

yours, satx

Alden said:
I resent the institutionalized rape of ignorant buyers they perpetrated during the runs on guns and ammo since Nov. 2008. They are unscrupulous purveyors, greedy men without morals, not even shame, catching desparate, stupid, people in their popular internet web(site) and sucking their blood.

Yer warming up. :wink:

It wasn't until you said that they were in Texas that I realized I made a mistake when I jumped on the wagon.
Oops! I was thinking of the Sportsman's guide. :doh:

I agree completely. I refer to them as Dirtier than Cheap.
Alden said:

There are no thrift stores anywhere near me that I know of!

I am always cruising ebay for wool blankets. Have gotten a few nice ones, relatively cheap. Not $2 though! Sweet score.

I can't seem to get enough wool blankets. I keep accumulating them. I started getting them years and years ago, before the "bushcraft" craze really kicked in and everybody wanted wool blankets (and before the prices started going UP). But, they all want O.D. green and brown and gray, and I have plenty of those now. I look now for more traditional blankets that are more in line with those from the 18th century (basically meaning white with stripes at the ends, for the most part). I'm not up for layin' out $250 for a custom made blanket, so ebay is the way. I'd like to find a checked blanket, but none I have seen so far have really "spoken" to me... :haha:

I have only bought one thing from Cheaper than Dirt. A wool blanket. Many years ago. It was supposed to be gray, I got an O.D. green blanket. Their return policy at the time was horrible, so I didn't bother sending it back. It is a very good blanket though, a Dutch Aabe blanket that is huge, thick, and weighs a ton, so I use it at home and "modern" camping. :wink:

:shocked2: No thrift stores, second hand stores, or resale shops? I thought they were everywhere. :idunno:

Garage sales?
Auctions?
Craigs list?

Last summer I got two period correct blankets dirt cheap at a garage sale.

Yep! never pass up a good blanket.
Won't never find me froze to a tree. :haha:

I have just picked up 2 pure wool white Brit. mil. surplus blankets for next to nothing , I think they were hospital issue .

Latest posts

Back