• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Woodsrunner sight swap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrowhead124

32 Cal
Reaction score
I know this question might make some of you cringe, but I’m interested in installing a set of fiber optics on my woodsrunner. Has anyone swapped the sights on their woodsrunner for a set of fiber optic? What did you use? I don’t want to make any modifications to the barrel I was just hoping someone out there knew of any companies that make a set that would fit the dimensions of the kiblers barrels.

Thanks!

The fiberoptic options are going to be for a modern deep 3/8" dovetail. The WR has a much wider and shallower dove tail.

That's true, but he probably owns a file, and can cut down the sight to make it work. Pro-Tip: File the sight, and not the dovetail in the barrel. There are many tools that remove metal, but few that put it back on. It's a lot cheaper to get a new sight if you mess it up than to get a new barrel.

It does make me cringe a little though. It's such a beautiful rifle, and I don't think I could get past the aesthetics of FO sights. That said, it's your tool to modify and make your own. Hell, if you started whipping me at competitions, I'd probably bite the bullet and jump with you!

I know this question might make some of you cringe, but I’m interested in installing a set of fiber optics on my woodsrunner. Has anyone swapped the sights on their woodsrunner for a set of fiber optic? What did you use? I don’t want to make any modifications to the barrel I was just hoping someone out there knew of any companies that make a set that would fit the dimensions of the kiblers barrels.

Thanks!
If it helps accuracy /clean kill and fill your freezer have at it , I would ! /Ed

I would look for the widest bladed traditional front sight I could get then cut a groove in the blade and glue a section of (good grief this hurts) fiber optic in the groove. Or get a sight base that fits the dove tail and make your own fiber optic blade. Or just paint the front blade white and blacken the rear sight.

Blasphemy

Let me expound a little and channel my internal "Comfortably Numb"

Mr. Kibler goes to a lot of work making his guns historically correct and in the case of the Woodsrunner actually copying an original gun, putting fiber optic sights on it should be regarded as a criminal act.

If you want fiber optic sights because you cannot see the original sights, get something that already has no basis in history like A TC Hawken or something similar (There is one for sale on the site now). In fact you could just go ahead and put a scope on it.

Ok, that's my opinion.

Last edited:
Blasphemy

Let me expound a little and channel my internal "Comfortably Numb"

Mr. Kibler goes to a lot of work making his guns historically correct and in the case of the Woodsrunner actually copying an original gun, putting fiber optic sights on it should be regarded as a criminal act.

If you want fiber optic sights because you cannot see the original sights, get something that already has no basis in history like A TC Hawken or something similar (There is one for sale on the site now). In fact you could just go ahead and put a scope on it.

Ok, that's my opinion.
Sorry but he bought a replica, He may do to it what he wants and if it lets him shoot and hunt with it, I say go for it. That is my real life opinion

The fiberoptic sight base is going to be 3/8" front to back. The Kibler barrel is more like 1/2". It will not work.

Sorry but he bought a replica, He may do to it what he wants and if it lets him shoot and hunt with it, I say go for it. That is my real life opinion
Yeah he did

And I have some more suggestions for him, go ahead and convert it to percussion while your at it you can also use those 209 primers, get a delrin ramrod and sharpen a couple of screwdrivers on the belt sander and relief carve you a squirrel behind the cheek piece as well.

If we do not recognize the rifle when he shows up at a living history event in period attire the sunglasses and wristwatch will be the giveaway, cause Daniel Boone would have used them if he had them.

Why anyone would buy a historically accurate anything and butcher it up is beyond me when there are plenty of other non historical candidates.

Yeah he did

And I have some more suggestions for him, go ahead and convert it to percussion while your at it you can also use those 209 primers, get a delrin ramrod and sharpen a couple of screwdrivers on the belt sander and relief carve you a squirrel behind the cheek piece as well.

If we do not recognize the rifle when he shows up at a living history event in period attire the sunglasses and wristwatch will be the giveaway, cause Daniel Boone would have used them if he had them.

Why anyone would buy a historically accurate anything and butcher it up is beyond me when there are plenty of other non historical candidates.
Mine wears a an IVORY front , and Tom a Hawk rear peep but if it enables me to shoot with accuracy (humane kill)
Leupold 4x would work just fine , my money /my choice!!

Last edited:
if in fact the dove tails are larger then 3/8". install a sight filler that has a threaded hole then get a fibre optic that mounts with a screw the one that i have found to be the brightest is Hi Viz plus the inserts on the front are replaceable. and when the thread counters at a shoot tell me i can't shoot i take a sharpie and black out the inserts, after the shoot wipe them off with a little alcohol .

Latest posts

Back