• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WKU. 6day Kibler build.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first build. I am learning a lot. Our instructor Wayne Trout has been a huge help and he is very encouraging. My kit is a Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle. 36 cal. Cherry stock.

Attachments

• 20230604_075040.jpg
    20230604_075040.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Well I am a little slow!😁
You have to remember that @Comfortably_Numb is a playing in the World Series, Major League builder. I, on the other hand, am more of the little league, bench warmer type builder. Hence the difference in speed! Hopefully your somewhere in between.

Mike, I’ve seen you on the NMLRA videos. It’s great that the new builders get a chance to benefit from your level of knowledge and advice. Do the builders complete all the blueing/browning and staining/finish work there too?
yep, all metal finish is done as well as the wood. My Amigo Big Wayne figured out some finishing methods to use so the students can go home with a done gun.
Usually if somebody is falling behind , we "bring them up to speed". ;)
I can personally put the colonial or the Whitson rifle together in 4 or 5 hours. I haven't done a Woodsrunner but it looks like a two hour job.

yep, all metal finish is done as well as the wood. My Amigo Big Wayne figured out some finishing methods to use so the students can go home with a done gun.
That’s great! Wish I didn’t live so far away, would love to watch and learn.

You have to remember that @Comfortably_Numb is a playing in the World Series, Major League builder. I, on the other hand, am more of the little league, bench warmer type builder. Hence the difference in speed! Hopefully your somewhere in between.
Well this is my first build. Wayne has a lot of knowledge on building and is happy to share with the class. Maybe some day I will be that good. But until then I will keep plugging away at it.😁

I can personally put the colonial or the Whitson rifle together in 4 or 5 hours. I haven't done a Woodsrunner but it looks like a two hour job.
If this is the same Wayne (maybe the other Wayne) who cancelled the class in friendship in April? I hope he is feeling better. I have two members who were and still are very disappointed in that cancellation. Have two kits, studied and bought several books and no one now to help them, guide them on assembly. Just sitting waiting for guidance. Sad.

Last edited:
If this is the same Wayne (maybe the other Wayne) who cancelled the class in friendship in April? I hope he is feeling better. I have two members who were and still are very disappointed in that cancellation. Have two kits, studied and bought several books and no one now to help them, guide them on assembly. Just sitting waiting for guidance. Sad.
Not sure which Wayne that was.

Wayne isn't going to do the class any more after our class in August. I'm taking all of next year off. I've been doing this for four years, two or three classes a year and I need a break. I'm tired of that drive to and from friendship. From then on I'll only be teaching building from a blank and relief carving classes. No more kit classes.

Wayne isn't going to do the class any more after our class in August. I'm taking all of next year off. I've been doing this for four years, two or three classes a year and I need a break. I'm tired of that drive to and from friendship. From then on I'll only be teaching building from a blank and relief carving classes. No more kit classes.
Do you teach anywhere other than the dark side of the moon?
Do you accept rather slow people in your classes.

Back