• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

will this barrel work

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smooth

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Investarm 50 Cal black powder barrel made for Excam inc Fla. Made in Italy. It is 15/16 across the flats. will this barrel work in my tc hawkens
my barrel is a sabot gm barrel and i want a rb barrel?

Very close to the same. The tang may hold the barrel a very little bit high or low in the stock and you might have to file the snail to clear the lock plate.

Anyway the tang will fit and the staple is in the proper position for the wedge.

Might also have to tweak the hammer if it don't hit the nipple square.

Whoops, didn't see the excam Fla. part. I'm speaking of the barrels that fit lyman trade/plains rifles, cabelas hawkens, and Investarms rifles themselves. What you speak of may be the same. Not a true RB barrel, 1-48 twist

Excam is just the importer. The prof. has it right. You will have to widen the slot under the snail considerably. I have a TC breechplug in my Investarms mated to a CVA barrel with the Investarms tang. The slot under the snail is twice as wide as the Investarms. The hook may be a little loose in the TC tang but it shoudn't matter. I had to file mine down to fit.

Thanks Rebel, I was not sure about the Excam thing.

On my Lyman plains rifle (not great plains) the lockplate has a small half-moon cut out to clear the snail so that is another variation/way to fit things.

Back