• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who rebuilds antique percussion locks?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, I appreciate the suggestion but "one job I don't want" per Mr. Roller. I do think maybe Albert on the forum may take it on. We'll see.

Ron,
Good luck, I'll look forward to seeing the finished project. If you decide to go with a fowler, let me know, she's a nice one.
Mark

I rebuild old percussion shotguns as my hobby. Usually the existing parts can be repaired and reused, finding parts like a new Tumblr that will fit in your particular lock and work with the other parts can be almost impossible on something that was built in the 1800s. Track offers all the parts you need but mostly for modern manufactured guns. I buy a lot of screws main springs ramrod ends. This is the latest one I just finished, the barrel on the gun that I received was useless so this is a replacement barrel that I got to fit. I'll also include a picture of some of the guns I finished.

Attachments

• IMG_20231220_105103.jpg
    IMG_20231220_105103.jpg
    646.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231220_105032.jpg
    IMG_20231220_105032.jpg
    573.3 KB · Views: 0
Back