• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who makes it?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentuckywindage

62 Cal.
Reaction score
I know these are made in Italy but is it from the Investarms branch? This one is a .45cal

GUNSFORSALE004.jpg

GUNSFORSALE006.jpg

GUNSFORSALE003.jpg

The piece of brass in the forearm makes me think two piece stock, and I believe those were made in Spain. Thinking CVA, Jukar, Traditions brand names, but that doesn't mean it's a bad gun. My first--and I still have it--was a CVA, and it's a good shooter, as are many others owned by other members here. Then again, I could be way off, so hopefully someone who knows more about your specific model will chime in who knows 100% sure what exactly you have. Either way, I'd check it out, and then shoot it to see how it does before even considering writing it off based on that it may not be a high dollar ($1000+) gun.

It doesn't look familiar to me.
Got any better pics of the lock?
Anything stamped in the metal?
Have you had the barrel out of the stock? Anything stamped on the bottom?
Every barrel I've ever seen from Investarms had a big I stamped in it even if it didn't say "Investarms" anywhere.

Rogue River said:
I have one just like it! All my say's is F.I.E. Italy! Anything else :idunno: !

Exactly what it says! Any info on the FIE brand? They are built really darn good. A friend just bought this rifle so I don't know of any other markings.

I've never shot mine but was told they are a good shooter! I just keep buying them, clean them up and stand them in the corner! :grin:

Rogue River said:
I've never shot mine but was told they are a good shooter! I just keep buying them, clean them up and stand them in the corner! :grin:

just how many corners do you have? :haha:

Not 100% sure, but I don`t think F.I.E is the manufacturer, instead it`s the import company that brought it into the U.S. I have seen that mark on modern cartridge guns also.
I have an F.I.E .410 single shot break open shotgun made in Brazil. I bought it in the 80`s. These were sold back then under the F.I.E brand, but the actual markings on the gun say "Firearms import and export corp. Miami, Florida" and "Made in Brazil, By Companhia Brasileira De Cartuchos".

I also have a friend who has a muzzleloader like the one you show, but never looked at it close enough to see where it was made. I think back then F.I.E was probably importing guns from different places and marking them with their own name?

here's a pic of my F.I.E. Italy rifle, I gave $75 for it and the end of the bore was rough. So I made a half stock out if it
FIEitalianrifle-1-1.jpg

I cut the barrel back to 28" to get rid of all the rough spots. and she's a darn good shooter now with 60g fffg

Well I am the owner of it now. Friend wanted a .50cal and so i got it for $100. Plan on stripping it down as well as the barrel and rework it to look pretty.

Kentuckywindage said:
Rogue River said:

Exactly what it says! Any info on the FIE brand? They are built really darn good. A friend just bought this rifle so I don't know of any other markings.

Do a search - FIE, it's history and its personalities was covered in depth on this forum last year, mainly by one valuable input-er who worked for the company back when.

tac

He probably has four to a room. Mine are full in the one room. Heres a tip- I keep my old socks and after I wash them one more time and put them over the muzzles. Then when you pick them up to move to new corner you don't get any fingerprints the barrels :thumbsup: Dilly

I agree that FIE is the importer. I have a FIE imported muzzleloader pistol from Italy and have been trying to find a new V-spring for over a year.

Kentuckywindage said:
Rogue River said:

F.I.E. is an acronym for Firearms Import and Export. That's as much as I know.

Back