• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who knows eachother here?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brokennock

Cannon
Reaction score
Just a question I have been pondering lately, purely out of curiosity, born of some of the replies to topics in the, "Beyond the Great Divide," section.

Who here knows someone else or multiple other members, in person? Or at least as met another member or members in person?
Not asking anyone to name names. Just curious as to how many of us have actually met eachother.

I have met 2 other members in person, one is fairly active here still, the other's activity here is sporadic and often is just reading. The second one and I talk fairly regularly and have gotten together a few times. But that is all for face to face knowledge of another member.
I do talk several times a week with two former members and consider them both good friends. Hopefully someday we can hunt and scout together.
I talk occasionally with a couple others whom I also hope to meet with and at least share a drink soon.

It seems that on the ALR forum there is a small group of members that know eachother at least on some small basis.
What about here?

I went to the range with a member from here, got to shoot a flint lock for the first time, great experience and an awful tease until I get my own.
Be nice to hunt with another muzzleloader fan.

Ive met a member here who lives not far away from me. I contacted him about building a pistol for me which he did and did a very nice job. I also shoot on a fairly regular basis with another member here and enjoy when we do get that chance.

There are several members on here that apparently live close to me but I haven’t met any of them in person that I know of. Some live close enough that we probably shop at the same sporting goods store.

I tend to be reclusive and don't get amongst them much, so I am afraid I don't know many personally on the forum, but I hang around a small group of grouchy old residenters not on the forum. Guess we are kind of a clicky bunch, don't know if that is good or bad. A small rendezvous after the crops are out and squirrel fry we have.

There are several members on here that apparently live close to me but I haven’t met any of them in person that I know of. Some live close enough that we probably shop at the same sporting goods store.

Speaking of sporting goods stores, I'll tell you, anyone around here who avoids cabelas or scheels, or even shops their grudgingly would be my best friend. The high tech overpriced, useless manure they sell in there these days... not all of it, but 75% of it...they do have a decent supply of entry-level muzzleloading accessories though for whenever you lose something and don't have enough time to find a replacement... but then their fishing lure collection. So many hundreds of items i dont need, to the point where i can't even find the stuff I do need....not a lot of wooden calls either, and desperately lacking in wool items.

Last edited:
I tend to be reclusive and don't get amongst them much, so I am afraid I don't know many personally on the forum, but I hang around a small group of grouchy old residenters not on the forum. Guess we are kind of a clicky bunch, don't know if that is good or bad. A small rendezvous after the crops are out and squirrel fry we have.
I also tend to be reclusive. I tend towards some social anxiety issues, sometimes severe. So, I am picky whom I spend time with.
There are several other members within 30 minutes to a couple hours of me. But, I've only met the 2. Someday, hopefully, I'll make it to one of the woodswalks at Groton and meet a couple more. Then, see where my anxiety level is at for such an event.

I haven't met any forum members here or on other forums in person, but consider myself quite good friends with a number of them. Several of us call each other fairly often, and text or pm on a daily basis.

No sir, that was just me realizing in a roundabout way that it wouldn't be a bad idea for us to start frequenting the regional forums more often and knowing the people around us who are the same as we are.

No sir, that was just me realizing in a roundabout way that it wouldn't be a bad idea for us to start frequenting the regional forums more often and knowing the people around us who are the same as we are.
Interestingly enough. I almost never visit the regional forums.
I do think it would be good if more folks has their state or region up with their screen name and avatar.

I hesitate to befriend people like me for good reason.

wm

Last edited:
I don’t know anyone on here or have met anyone, but am very open to it. Due to my open nature and frankness on this site, I think that it is unlikely that most of the active members would be interested in spending time with me, which is fine, since I’m kind of a lone wolf anyway. I’ve only been active in muzzleloader stuff since January, so there hasn’t been a really long time for me to meet people organically. If someone is interested in meeting me or shooting at the shotgun range let me know. I generally keep to myself the more controversial of my beliefs when spending time with friends or family that diverge from my politics or other beliefs. When someone makes the investment to spend time in real life, it’s best for everyone to feel comfortable if possible IMO.

Back