• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who got the bunny?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I saw my motion light by the barn come on before dawn a couple days back. I went out for deer a bit later and found 1/2 bunny in the nearby orchard.

I whoose meal I disturbed? Have red/grey fox , yotes, and fisher in neighborhood. Had lots of bunnies last winter, the fishers cleaned up quite a few.

1:2 bunny.jpg

Buzzards got ya eat same as the worm.
Lots of things eat bunnies. It’s a symbiotic relationship.
I grew up in New Mexico. Lots of rabbit hunting. Lots of open country. You could see a rabbit at long range sometime. I hunted with a shot gun. Suppository at the time, was a young teen and not yet got my first ml.
To get a bunny if you saw him a long way off walk in a circle around him. Getting closer and closer till your in range.
Was out in some sagebrush flats and had circled around for about half an hour and bunny just stayed still watching me, sitting and turning to keep an eye on me.
I was almost in range when a hawk fell out of the air and took my bunny. I held him in a spot for an easy kill for the bird.
the bird just flew off with him and didn’t even thank me

Reminds me of my youthful years when we did alot of bunny hunting in the farm country of northern Ohio. My cousin was fond of dressing his kills right away and would just twist the heads off before skinning and dressing. One opening day as we got set to head out my cousin comments that his coat kinda stinks; he reaches into the game pouch and comes out with one of the previous years rabbit heads; yea it did kinda stink.

Back